The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think the subject is getting a bit off-topic now.
Reply 81
Original post by l’&#941

This is TSR after all...
Original post by l’&#941

It did a long time ago, now they're just blabing aimlessly, since they have nothing to do but comment on others..
stormfire
I want them to stop blowing up innocent people, but they will never do this as they are egotistical, despicable examples of human beings who mould what seems to be a peaceful religion into their own motive for murder. You sound as if you sympathize with them.

i just like to look at every angle and often it results in an unsure opinion of whos right, but lets get one thing straight, blowing oneself up is not the so called 'cowardly' actions as the media say, just thinking to myself i would be too scared to blow myself up and i certainly dont think any western soldiers would do it voluntarily!, just seeing them do it i see their desperation, i dont see how dropping a bomb from 20,000 miles away fro mthe enemy is not seen as cowardly. (that doesnt justify innocent civilians lives though)

stormfire
They have every opportunity to target military bases and government buildings, yes this may be more difficult but at least they would not be killing civilians. Infact, they shouldn't be targeting ANYONE, do they honestly believe in their small and delusional minds that any kind of benevolent God would condone such actions?

no they dont mate!
Reply 84
Original post by l&#8217
If you seriously believe that the bombers are killing innocents for pleasure, then your sick.
Either that, or they are mentally disturbed for killing people for fun.
I'm sure these bombers think the whole world is against them, seeing what is happening in Muslim countries across the world. But these individuals are taking it too far and its not right to blame Islam for their actions. Their actions are the fault of the media and the suffering of innocent Muslims and people due to the west.

You need to learn how to read correctly before you regurgitate such words, where in my post did it reference that terrorists kill innocent people for fun?

Original post by l&#8217
Their actions are the fault of the media and the suffering of innocent Muslims and people due to the west.

No, they are brainwashed by the dictators who run such terrorists cults. Oh boo hoo, lots of people in the world are suffering, you've never seen Jewish people carry out suicide missions upon Germany for the actions of Hitler, do you?

Of course people blame Islam, as the the extremists are carrying out their actions in the name of Islam. It's just unfortunate that people do not realize that Islam for them is just a battle cry which makes it acceptable for them to kill innocent people. I think Muslim people should be furious with such extremists (as I am sure many of them are) for carrying out such acts which blatantly go against the peaceful intentions of Islam.

TheBrightShadow
i just like to look at every angle and often it results in an unsure opinion of whos right, but lets get one thing straight, blowing oneself up is not the so called 'cowardly' actions as the media say, just thinking to myself i would be too scared to blow myself up and i certainly dont think any western soldiers would do it voluntarily!, just seeing them do it i see their desperation, i dont see how dropping a bomb from 20,000 miles away fro mthe enemy is not seen as cowardly. (that doesnt justify innocent civilians lives though)

Both your examples are cowardly. Battle in it's traditional sense is an opponent versus an opponent, the suicide bomber does not give any of his victims a chance to engage him in battle.

TheBrightShadow
no they dont mate!

That doesn't mean they cannot try. What does killing a bunch of normal people on an underground, that an attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament doesn't achieve? They would still receive the media sensation and terror, if not more so if they targeted such buildings. I think the fact is that they want blood to be shed, and they want to kill innocent people.
stormfire
I'm sure they would, but that doesn't justify the fact that they purposely target civilian areas for the shock and terror it causes.

I would think that if someone kills people on purpose, they are doing it for fun or they are just mentally disturbed or evil. I can't seem to think of other reasons for killing an innocent person.
Original post by l&#8217
I would think that if someone kills people on purpose, they are doing it for fun or they are just mentally disturbed or evil. I can't seem to think of other reasons for killing an innocent person.

I do believe that religion is a mild form of self-delusion. I sometimes wish article 9 (freedom of conscience and religion) ECHR wasn't in place, or at least watered down to a greater extent that it is now. :p:
Hasan
This is TSR after all...

So TSR is full of loads of off-topicers?
It's gonna be hard to keep up a discussion then.

Archangel's Kiss
It did a long time ago, now they're just blabing aimlessly, since they have nothing to do but comment on others..

I guess it's a battle now to see who is going to win.
^^
Reply 88

They are called 'Terrorists' for a reason you know.

Wikipedia
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Like it says in the quote, they do it to induce fear in both the government and it's people. I highly doubt a suicide bomber would give his life, just so his peers could have a laugh over it.
pretz
I agree, although undoubtedly the religion of the rioters united Bangladeshis and Pakistanis with a common sense of identity - I am, as another poster pointed out, providing an example of the media specifically choosing not to highlight the religion of Muslim rioters.

:yep: I understand.
stormfire
They are called 'Terrorists' for a reason you know.

Like it says in the quote, they do it to induce fear in both the government and it's people. I highly doubt a suicide bomber would give his life, just so his peers could have a laugh over it.

Thanks for the quote, but you didn't really need to pick out a definition. I'm sorry for assuming you might have thought terrorists bomb innocents for fun.

Please go back on-topic.
Reply 91
makes story more interesting- there is an interest in muslims
Reply 92
i heard they use voodoo
Reply 93
nashta
its tru that thers still that kinda xenophobia, for millenia thers always been an east vs west feeling (persians vs greeks for example).

befor 9/11, islam was thought as more like an obscure ideology, some exotic spiritual teaching from a land far far away. for the past century, most muslim countries have been ravaged by civil wars, normal wars, world wars and jus generally bad stuff so they're not as powerful and influential as they once were. if the media dared to adopt a negative stance towards the japanese, then the UK would face strained diplomatic relations with japan, if it got really bad then maybe even embargoes.

that wudnt happen with most muslim countries cuz they're so poor that their governors would be happy just to walk alongisde western governors, thinking they're along the ranks of the powerful. (did anyone see the iraqi president walking with bush on his most recent visit in iraq? that was so pathetic) the amount of corruption is ridiculous

disneys a good example. ur allowed to target peoples who are so below you that they don't know they're being insulted. when most disney movies phased out of the typical black stereotypes and blatant racism (dumbo, early mickey mouse stories, the jungle book), they moved on to the chinese cuz it was okay, no-one cared

http://www.cracked.com/article_15677_9-most-racist-disney-characters.html

largely, for a whole bunch of reasons, the muslim world is just a lil bit :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: up - the poor resent and mistrust each other, the rich ones are too proud to want to be even associated with the poor and generally the whole worlds divided . . . easier to conquer

the real issue is, most muslims in this country are working-class immigrants. the majority of pakistanis are just villagers, bringing with them that mentality, which is why A LOT of pakistanis do some kinda benefit fraud. if thats how people represent themselves, then what can u expect. the people in the media who say all this stuff about muslims are capitalising on an opportunity to make a whole new scare: cuz scares make a lotta money

This guy is hilarious. Mate are you a pakistani youself?

If not tell me your chosen faith and cast so I can rip on it. Tis is not hard It can be done on anything.

ALSO - THOR is the greatest of them ALL.

Those shall bow down on the greatness and giveth all of the money and daughters so THOR can make pure of the EVIL.

THOR ASKS , show me your proofs?
Reply 94
what my faith or my race got to do with anythin?

u sayin jus bcuz u can com up wit an argument against anythin, dat proves u right? u ever heard o da sophists?
Reply 95
nashta
what my faith or my race got to do with anythin?

u sayin jus bcuz u can com up wit an argument against anythin, dat proves u right? u ever heard o da sophists?

What?
Reply 97
nick_vivek

explain
Reply 98
Why is this an attack against muslims? the point is there are some that are extreme and are completly messed in the heads but the large proportion of us are not like that and i dont just speak for myself when i say this. My friends are majority white and are from other races and backgrounds but none of them stereotype or anything for that matter, its how you get on individually. if people stop being so shallow and not believe everything they hear in the media attitudes may change. Everybodys entitled to belive what they want and its just plain lack of respect. Educate yourselves and you may feel differently. And belive it or not we dont do voodoo we are not a different species and we not from another planet, we are normal people born and bred like the rest of you. and it sickens to me death when i hear racial attacks like some said in these. i promised myself i wouldnt say anything but some of your comments are very pathetic. I aint in no respect racist, and belive the entitlement to freedom of faith and everybody to be an individual! This thread is really biased in a way. i dont particularly like the way muslims around the world are being treated but i dont start making silly remarks like *using voodoo* what is that???? please keep it decent and im sure anybody on this forum slightly more educated then me would help you on any points about being a muslim but if you got something rubbish to say please dont bother...
Reply 99
pinky3
Why is this an attack against muslims? the point is there are some that are extreme and are completly messed in the heads but the large proportion of us are not like that and i dont just speak for myself when i say this. My friends are majority white and are from other races and backgrounds but none of them stereotype or anything for that matter, its how you get on individually. if people stop being so shallow and not believe everything they hear in the media attitudes may change. Everybodys entitled to belive what they want and its just plain lack of respect. Educate yourselves and you may feel differently. And belive it or not we dont do voodoo we are not a different species and we not from another planet, we are normal people born and bred like the rest of you. and it sickens to me death when i hear racial attacks like some said in these. i promised myself i wouldnt say anything but some of your comments are very pathetic. I aint in no respect racist, and belive the entitlement to freedom of faith and everybody to be an individual! This thread is really biased in a way. i dont particularly like the way muslims around the world are being treated but i dont start making silly remarks like *using voodoo* what is that???? please keep it decent and im sure anybody on this forum slightly more educated then me would help you on any points about being a muslim but if you got something rubbish to say please dont bother...

I don't find there's a huge hatred for Muslims in this thread. There'll always be a couple of idiots no matter where you are though. In fact, I think Muslims are often a bit paranoid on the whole "everyone thinks we're terrorists" thing.

Latest