The Student Room Group

An A grade in every subject

Hello, I was wondering how I could boost my grades up to a comfortable A grade in every subject?. What grade should I atleast attain in my coursework, for me to able to achieve those A grades more easier?

I am hoping to study: Law, Business Studies, History and English Literature in college. What grades in my subjects (maths,english lang/lit, science, geography,business studies, graphics,r.e, it) should I achieve for my coursework? and how would I be able to do this?

Thanks in advance
:smile: :biggrin:
Reply 1
As high as you can. If you are aiming for As, aim for A*s in your coursework. This takes a bit of pressure off come exam time! However, if you cannot get A*s in coursework, As should be okay, as long as you are ace at exams! :biggrin: Good luck.
Reply 2
It all depends on how good you think you are in an exam environment compared to coursework. If you think you're not so good with exams but better at coursework where you can do it at home in your own time, then you really got to be looking at a high a/a* if you don't think your exam is gonna go that well and you want an A. If you're ok with exams and everything than an A/high B should do :smile: but just do as well as you can I'm sure you'll do great. :smile:
Reply 3
I was better in some courseworks, than in others..

I do reccomend getting A/A* in Coursework, because when you get to the exam, you could get slightly less marks, and still get an A.

In English - I got B's in all cwk - the exams for me, I felt were better - so the exam pushed my grade up to an A
In Geog - I got all A* in cwk - and I loved Geog :biggrin: - so that was an A* there.
But in Business - A* in coursework - exam let me down a bit - so I got an A

Depends on the subject - don't worry, on TSR, everyone seems to help!!! :smile:
Get the coursework done ASAP and to as high a standard as possible.
Reply 5
As above... basically get as high coursework marks as possible, they are easy marks in the end and just require a bit of time and effort to get down to a tee. Make sure you keep asking your teachers for help and tips- bugging them constantly seemed to work for me, at least in the case of english coursework :biggrin: Also make sure you start your coursework in good time, leaving plenty of tweaking time at the end, which is when you can push your mark up to an A or A*. Basically, the key to success at GCSE (or as far as I saw it at the time) is decent coursework, listening in lessons, doing homework and a fair bit of decent revision nearer the time. GOod luck and I'm sure you'll succeed if you are determined :biggrin:
Reply 6
Try and get really good in coursework (A*)-cos apparently it's easier than in the exam-reminds me I need to do my IT coursework...And then aim for even better in the exam. Why is it I can give out advice but it's so much harder to listen to yourself?*depressed*
Reply 7
Just get high A*s for coursework if you can!

That way the pressure drops tenfold in the exam because the grade required to get an A is probably a medium B.
It's good that you know what grades you want to aim for and if you revise well for the exams and do the coursework to a high standard, you'll do well.
I recommend you plan your coursework and try to get it finished quickly because then your teacher can give you improvements for your next draft. Also, it's good to get the coursework out of the way to give you plenty of time to revise.
I think you should try to get as high as possible in the coursework, A or preferably A*, as this will take off some pressure in the exams.
Good luck
Reply 9
What grade should you get in coursework? Lol well what do you think, obviously as high as you can.