The Student Room Group
Reply 1
See most of the rest of this site.
Pros: you will probably have the most inspiring time of your life. You will meet people you never would otherwise, learn things, see amazing sites at the same time as having a wonderful time. You'll make friends that could last a life time and you'll certainly gain memories that will!

Cons: None that I can think of.
Reply 3
Pros: Get to step back from educational worries and look at what you want from life, get the chance to experience a real full-time job, travel to amazing places, generally have amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experiences!!

Cons: Travelling is VERY expensive and mean INJECTIONS!! It can be hard to find work, i finished sixth form in the summer and had to go on the dole as i didn't get a job til the end of november and that was only a temp job so now i'm unemployed again!! but hey it's all experience!!

the pros DEFINITELY outweigh the cons :biggrin:
Pros:
- Get good work experience for your CV
- Get some money so you can start uni with some financial security.
- Possibility to travel (although expensive)
- You will mature a lot which will probably mean you'll do better when you DO get to uni.

Cons:
- you'll be out of your educational regime when you go back.
- All your friends will be moving on with their lives, graduating from their first year without you.
Reply 5
pros:
-you only live once, so do the crappy job, feel slightly alienated from your friends, get out there and see the world and have no regrets!
-it will make you appreciate everything far more than you would heading to uni still slightly wet behind the ears

cons:
-sometimes you will feel crappy about the whole thing, stick at it
-if you do something eg. volunteering or working in a great job or travelling or chilling on exotic beaches etc. you may miss it like hell. But it's better to be sad about having lost/ended something amazing than to have never done it at all. It will (to be cheesy) make you see life from a whole different perspective.

Latest