The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
terpineol
Is it not turn 18 by the end of january, or something strange.

Oh yeah thanks....I remember hearing that now =]
terpineol
Is it not turn 18 by the end of january, or something strange.

I'd assume it's the end of februrary as that's the cut off in schools. If it was the end on Jan then that means i wouldn't be allowed on the course...not than im doing medicine but you know...

I wouldn't worry. Most Scottish students are the same age as you when they leave school and it't not an issue :smile:. Good luck.
sweetdarling
I'd assume it's the end of februrary as that's the cut off in schools. If it was the end on Jan then that means i wouldn't be allowed on the course...not than im doing medicine but you know...

I wouldn't worry. Most Scottish students are the same age as you when they leave school and it't not an issue :smile:. Good luck.

As me or the OP?

I'm 20.
Reply 23
I take it the OP is 16/17 atm? If so don't worry about it, if you apply to scotland, there is no age restriction that I can think of (Aberdeen used to have one of 17.5, but they scrapped that as they couldn't discriminate against age or something) I've applied to dentistry, which I assume would have similar age restrictions as med, and unis don't seem to mind that I'm still 16 :smile:
terpineol
As me or the OP?

I'm 20.

I meant the OP but reading back i realise how it seemed like i meant you. :smile:
maplesyrup23
And based my grades and my extracuricculars, what universities should I consider getting into for med school?? I've shortlisted Queen Mary, St. George's, and University of Birmingham..... THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!! Barts (QM) only take applicants over 18, not sure about the others but I'm virtually certain none will accept a 16 year old
thatloserkid
I know someone in their mid-twenties who's just started at manchester after doing a pre-med course, so it didn't seem to be too much of a problem there:yep:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you won't be accepted if you're over 35, because you won't work for long enough after training before you retire.
Hope this helps!
OP is too young, not too old. And there is no upper age limit for medicine (within reason)
I was 17 when I started at an English uni, and I have a friend doing Medicine at Cambridge who won't be eighteen until March.

Most unis state in their prospectuses if they want you to be a certain age.

And OP, I think you might wanna expand on your personal statement a bit!
Reply 28
It tends to be 17 and 9 months for medicine in England. Although there are some places that have a lower limit of 18...

Latest