The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tasha-x
No :frown: I might try on a different computer .... maybe mine is just being stupid!

That happened to me at first. I think i clicked on the box where it's talking about allowing the camera or something, then found the ta with allow microphone, and it worked after that.
Not entirely sure though because it doesnt come up anymore and I can't really remember. :frown:
Reply 21
Does anybody else get an abundance of adds from Turkish men, saying random things? People never want to talk in French/German, they'd rather speak in English ha :frown:
Reply 22
Howells
Does anybody else get an abundance of adds from Turkish men, saying random things? People never want to talk in French/German, they'd rather speak in English ha :frown:

Yes, or people learning to speak arabic :rolleyes:

I got a message from someone the other day asking me to comment on a writing exercise that they'd done ..... in Japanese. I don't speak Japanese!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Tasha-x
Yes, or people learning to speak arabic :rolleyes:

I got a message from someone the other day asking me to comment on a writing exercise that they'd done ..... in Japanese. I don't speak Japanese!!! :rolleyes:

Yepp, same here. I get loads of messages like that, about Chinese or Arabic exercises for me to look over :s-smilie:
And there are people who ask me to look over German exercises too, which is silly, because only native speakers can truly correct pronunciation really.
my speaking stuff didn't used to work, even though I had clicked allow microphone, so I emailed through the "report bug" option in feedback, and next time I went on it worked fine. Maybe try that?
Reply 25
An old thread, but I LOVE this website!
Its really helpful and I love the fact you can talk to people from all over the world and practice your language with them :smile: I do Italian and I was surprised at the amount of languages you can learn!

I also really like helping other people, its quite fun teaching over the internet haha!

EDIT: Someone before said they get random adds from Turkish men, I do too :s-smilie: But I'm trying to add only Italian people atm, as i've got too many random friends who don't even speak the language I want to learn, and not enough Italians!

Latest

Trending

Trending