The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello :smile:
I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Durham (twice cz one was for combined honours) and Edinburgh and have had offers from Cambridge and Durham.
Which Durham college did you apply to?
xxx
Alice602
Hello :smile:
I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Durham (twice cz one was for combined honours) and Edinburgh and have had offers from Cambridge and Durham.
Which Durham college did you apply to?
xxx

Pleeeease reply to my pm :cookie:

:colondollar:

x
Reply 3
Hey! There doesn't seem to be very many of us...

My signature says where I have applied but...Cambridge, Durham, UCL, Birmingham, Bristol. Offers from all except Bristol...grrr.

Do you know when Cambridge will update UCAS? I really want to send mine off but can't yet.
Also, it said on my letter that I need to notify Cambridge as soon as possible whether or not I wish to take my offer through UCAS..slightly confused, as it's not on UCAS yet, so how can I do this? Sorry, I realise this is off topic.
Reply 4
ive got offers for arch and anth from Cambridge (Queens'), UCL,Manchester,Nottingham and my Durham application has been forwarded to a college and i will be "notified through UCAS" soon.
Reply 5
I applied to St Cuth's in Durham, really hoping to hear soon :frown:
dakws
Hey! There doesn't seem to be very many of us...

My signature says where I have applied but...Cambridge, Durham, UCL, Birmingham, Bristol. Offers from all except Bristol...grrr.

Do you know when Cambridge will update UCAS? I really want to send mine off but can't yet.
Also, it said on my letter that I need to notify Cambridge as soon as possible whether or not I wish to take my offer through UCAS..slightly confused, as it's not on UCAS yet, so how can I do this? Sorry, I realise this is off topic.

They won't update UCAS for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I think last year it was mid-Februray or later.

Also congrats on your offer. I'll see you next year :smile:. The woman who supervises Bio Anth at Clare is absolutely amazing (I know she will have interviewed you).
Reply 7
I have offers from Cambridge, York, Kent and Bournemouth for Arch/Anth courses.

Still waiting to hear from Durham (St Cuths) :smile:
Reply 8
The West Wing
They won't update UCAS for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I think last year it was mid-Februray or later.

Also congrats on your offer. I'll see you next year :smile:. The woman who supervises Bio Anth at Clare is absolutely amazing (I know she will have interviewed you).

Awww man! I really just want to send off my form! Impatient...that's me.

Thank you! I have never been more excited about anything in my entire life. Yeah, she was so amazing...I ended up talking about mice to her for quite a long time in my interview, but she thought it was pretty funny. Anywayyy, really really looking forward to coming to Clare (grades permitted of course), so hopefully see you next year! :smile:
I've got an offer from Cambridge for arch and anth (though i've only applied for archaeology elsewhere). Can't wait to (hopefully) start the course, it looks fantastic.
Reply 10
Hi everyone, I've got offers from Cambridge (Christ's) and UCL (BSc or Ba Archaeology)... I haven't heard from Durham yet. In fact, I am French and am not really aware : although Cambridge has a better international reputation, the UCL course seems to be really wonderful (and it's probably going to be cheaper, isn't it ?). So, what do you think I should do ? Which uni, according to you, is the best for Archaeology ?

Thank you very much if you can help me :wink:
Reply 11
Anzaria
Hi everyone, I've got offers from Cambridge (Christ's) and UCL (BSc or Ba Archaeology)... I haven't heard from Durham yet. In fact, I am French and am not really aware : although Cambridge has a better international reputation, the UCL course seems to be really wonderful (and it's probably going to be cheaper, isn't it ?). So, what do you think I should do ? Which uni, according to you, is the best for Archaeology ?

Thank you very much if you can help me :wink:

Why not have a look at the different modules offered on each course and see which one suits your personal interests?
Reply 12
got an amazing ABB or AAC offer from durham for st cuths, so happy :smile:
Reply 13
sexypink323
got an amazing ABB or AAC offer from durham for st cuths, so happy :smile:

Are you applying for joint honours?

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 14
Ive applied for just Anthropology to Durham(Greys)/Edinburgh/St Andrews/Kent/Brookes and have BBC from Brookes and 280 from Kent.... absolutely pooing myself and praying that I get into Durham...!!!! Or Edinburgh!!!!
Reply 15
I'll be heading off to UCL this year for Arch and Anth! Anyone else heading there this Sept?
Reply 16
Is anyone here trekking up to Durham tomorrow for the open day? Just wondering whether I'll see any of you lot in the (obviously huge) crowd of arch and anthers...
fong1388
I'll be heading off to UCL this year for Arch and Anth! Anyone else heading there this Sept?

YES im off there for the same course... dunno anyone else there lol let alone doing arch and anth!:smile:

(sorry for the 6 month late reply!!)
Reply 18
is the anth and arch course competitive at durham? what kinda grades do most applicants achieve?
I have an Unconditional for BA Archaeology at Manchester. Woop woop.

Latest

Trending

Trending