The Student Room Group

a levels for graduate medicine

erm im really confused as im applying for graduate medicine but unis dont seem to say what happens if you dont have chemistry or biology a levels.

I dont have any science based A levels as originally i was studying to go into law, however i disliked my degree and instead of taking it into honours i switched to a masters in molecular microbiology (big change i know).

My degree includes 2 years of chemistry of A level equivalent and higher (im at a scottish uni) as well as biology/physiology/immunology/etc every year.
My marks have been consistantly high, had i done the chemistry or biology a level i would have gotten A's. Plus im maintaining an average of 1st/high 2.1.

what i'd like to know if will universities accept my uni grades in place of alevels? Also are there any other graduate medicine folk who have been in a similar situation?
Quite a few GEPs don't look at A-Levels, while some ask for Chemistry, Biology, or both. Take a look at:

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11
Reply 2
Really the only way to be sure, especially with GEP which averages about 50 applicants per place is to phone round.

I'd apply for two GEP and two undergrad to hedge your bets if I were you.
most don't look at em
Reply 4
thanks, its reassuring to know that they probably wont look at my A-levels, im currently looking at applying for a mix of grad entry and undergrad, im having to apply as an undergrad anyway at my current uni since i haven't studied anatomy so i figured other uni's may feel the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending