The Student Room Group

Rothschild Gap Year Scheme - A few questions that are not answered on the site!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i just got an offer.... march-september- in the investment bank team!!
Reply 41
taylja2004
i just got an offer.... march-september- in the investment bank team!!

Nice one, for 1st or second batch?
Reply 42
2nd batch March-September..

you heard anything yet?
Reply 43
i got an offer...for the investment banking division..1st batch
Reply 44
I got an offer yesterday for the first batch in the investment banking division!
hello,hello!

could anyone tell me to whom I should apply if I want a school leavers investment banking internship? From this thread I can see that Rothschild and BIG4 would be worthwhile....

where else did people apply?

thanks very much!dannyxx
Reply 46
dannyparrott
hello,hello!

could anyone tell me to whom I should apply if I want a school leavers investment banking internship? From this thread I can see that Rothschild and BIG4 would be worthwhile....

where else did people apply?

thanks very much!dannyxx

Are you planning on applying for a gap yar in 2010/2011? if so you have probably missed out on KPMG and deloitte and will have to move very fast on rothschild. pm me if you have any questions.
Reply 47
as per above you have probably missed the boat for BIG 4 but if any of them have places left KPMG will as I know some people in my intake got places extremely late. and just as a heads up....BIG 4 arent investment banks!.....mostly audit/ tax/ and some corporate finance which counts as banking ...(but they dont put many if any gap year interns in these sections at all). i know for definate that this coming gap year people can only choose audit at KPMG i think.
Has anyone heard fromo them yet? I got rejection from deloitte for sending my application late.. :frown: bit disappointed but it was entirely my fault anyway. Good luck with your apps guys (not that im helping you to get in before me :tongue:)
Reply 49
the_neg_master_
Has anyone heard fromo them yet? I got rejection from deloitte for sending my application late.. :frown: bit disappointed but it was entirely my fault anyway. Good luck with your apps guys (not that im helping you to get in before me :tongue:)

Got an email earlier yesterday thanking me for my application and saying they would be back in touch in March.
got the message as well... :biggrin:
Reply 51
2strong
Ok, I got something from Roths, has everyone on here got something? Or have some people been rejected? Anyway, this is what I got:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Many thanks for your application for a Gap Year Programme with Rothschild.

I am delighted to say that we would like to invite you for an interview on Tuesday 14th April at 11.15am.
On arrival please ask for XXXX XXXXX at reception and ensure you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your interview. I have attached a map to our King William Street Office. Please ensure that you bring with you your original passport for us to photocopy for our records.

Please inform me if you have a disability so that we can make the appropriate arrangements in advance.
With regards to organising transport, please book your own travel. If you would like to be reimbursed for the cost of travel please fill out the travel expenses claim form attached and return to me with the ticket/receipt (economy only). I will then send you a cheque.

Please can you confirm by replying to this email or calling the below number that you will be able to attend this interview.

If you have any questions regarding the interview process please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
XXXXX

<<Map KWS.pdf>> <<Travel Expense Claim form.doc>>

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Recruitment Coordinator
Rothschild Human Resources
Tel XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
e-mail XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So ye, is everyone on the 14th?

No offense, but blanking out your own name and leaving her name, email and phone number in is a bit disrespectful - I think you should edit this post so it looks like it does above
Reply 52
Is this gap year scheme only for those taking gap year after the school, before the uni?
Reply 53
ttt22
Are you planning on applying for a gap yar in 2010/2011? if so you have probably missed out on KPMG and deloitte and will have to move very fast on rothschild. pm me if you have any questions.

is the rothschild gap year a beneficial gap year experience for a career in ib?
i have an interview soon for a gap year placement in their ib divsion
Reply 54
dman123
is the rothschild gap year a beneficial gap year experience for a career in ib?
i have an interview soon for a gap year placement in their ib divsion

Yes - for entry into IB it appears to be the best gap year scheme.
ttt22
Yes - for entry into IB it appears to be the best gap year scheme.

No it certainly isn't :rolleyes:

Apart from the number of individuals who have stated a terrible experience on the programme (subjective I give you that), the Deutsche Bank gap-year programme is far superior - it's front-office (rotational within their Global Markets and Global Banking programme), pays a lot more and has a much more prestigious name than that of Rothschild for one wishing to enter IB.

Therefore, DB >>> Rothschild.
Reply 56
manchild007
No it certainly isn't :rolleyes:

Apart from the number of individuals who have stated a terrible experience on the programme (subjective I give you that), the Deutsche Bank gap-year programme is far superior - it's front-office (rotational within their Global Markets and Global Banking programme), pays a lot more and has a much more prestigious name than that of Rothschild for one wishing to enter IB.

Therefore, DB >>> Rothschild.

I have seen this so many times, but where is the link, the website, the info, how do I apply for the DB gap year scheme!?!?
irfy
I have seen this so many times, but where is the link, the website, the info, how do I apply for the DB gap year scheme!?!?

You're too late sadly, the deadline was at the end of January and the 1st Round (February) and 2nd Round interviews (March) have already taken place.

We had a presentation at our school about this, and applied via application to our headmaster who then forwarded us on for 1st Round Interviews etc.
Reply 58
manchild007
You're too late sadly, the deadline was at the end of January and the 1st Round (February) and 2nd Round interviews (March) have already taken place.

We had a presentation at our school about this, and applied via application to our headmaster who then forwarded us on for 1st Round Interviews etc.

Aha im already on a gap year, but I knew about this scheme a yera ago, its just I couldnt find a out how to apply for it? Is it for select schools only? Can you provide me with a link to the site where they advertise this gap year scheme?
irfy
Aha im already on a gap year, but I knew about this scheme a yera ago, its just I couldnt find a out how to apply for it? Is it for select schools only? Can you provide me with a link to the site where they advertise this gap year scheme?

I'm not sure if its select schools only or not - I go to Harrow, but I have friends at Eton and Habs who have been told about the scheme and applied. We had to fill-in an application and submit it to our Headmaster. He then selected which would go to DB for the 1st Round (which was about 2/3 of those who applied from the school).

It pays pretty much double what any other gap-year scheme does I think (I believe Rothschild is otherwise the highest at about £16k ish), and its proper front-office which is good. Not to mention its the most prestigious scheme if you want to go into IB after.

What scheme are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest