The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds '09, Classical Civ Major and choosing Accm.

hey guys! i really do hope you can help me out^_^ im starting in September to do classics at leeds and im just lookin over through accomodations. Initially i likes James Baillie park but after reading about the rubbish internet connections on top of a high price, i got turned off...so i turned over to the Concept Place, which looks like a funky place. great looking rooms, 24 internet included in rent and everything...plus its all en suite. i am gravitating towards choosing the concept place so i just want to know what you guys think, specially those who have lived there and still living.

how far is it from the uni? and will it be cost-free when it comes to nights out and stuff?

thanks ever so much!

czarace
Are you sure you haven't got these the wrong way round? James Baillie is cabled to the university network, Concept isn't - so James Baillie has faster internet. (alternatively, you've come across an old post from 3 or 4 years back before James Baillie was linked to the uni network)
That said, Concept is closer to the city centre and is newer. The internet there is perfectly adequate for what most people need and if you want a faster speed you can pay to upgrade.
So, advantages and disadvantages to both!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
oh...well must've been coz i went back to the leeds site and it said internet included in the rent. oh well, the concept place looks more appealing anyways coz of the room size and the looks of it. i suppose it depends on the tenant at the end of the day right? lol would it be closer to uni that JBP?

xx
totally in the same situation! I'm doing history & roman civilisation woop! but i dont know where to go!!?!?!

I'm thinking Opal 3, as its smack bang in the city :smile: which I loveeee :biggrin: xxx

Latest