The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Bungeeeeeee

So is anybody bungeeing for RAG in a couple of weeks? :P And does anybody want to sponsor me to jump? :P If so let me know and you can UMS me a cheque or something, if you did I'd love you forever, and maybe even scream your name whilst accelerating at 9.81ms^-2.

200ft =O

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
fishpaste
So is anybody bungeeing for RAG in a couple of weeks? :P And does anybody want to sponsor me to jump? :P If so let me know and you can UMS me a cheque or something, if you did I'd love you forever, and maybe even scream your name whilst accelerating at 9.81ms^-2.

200ft =O

you won't actually be accelerating at 9.813 ms^2... due to air resistance. Which should be proportional to v^2....
Reply 2
unless there is a downward accelerating wind....perhaps if he does the bungee at the location of an immenent tornado! Alternatively we could use a really big magnet and some metal!
Reply 3
Camford
you won't actually be accelerating at 9.813 ms^2... due to air resistance. Which should be proportional to v^2....

I'll temporarily become a particle with negligible air resistance mmmk :biggrin:

send me money :redface:
Reply 4
Camford

But initially v=0 so there will be no air resistance and he will instantaneously accelerate at 9.813ms^2. Although you'll obviously need to measure g in cambridge first, I heard it was 9.81 in London so that should be about right.
Reply 5
we measured g in cambridge at the start of term....it is in fact significantly less than everywhere else!
Reply 6
I will sponsor you fishcake if you eat your hat :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Willa
unless there is a downward accelerating wind....perhaps if he does the bungee at the location of an immenent tornado! Alternatively we could use a really big magnet and some metal!

I thought tornados suck you upwards.... I'll sponser fish if he can bungee flying....
Reply 8
fishpaste
I'll temporarily become a particle with negligible air resistance mmmk :biggrin:

send me money :redface:

You are far too big in size to be modeled as a particle...
Reply 9
Camford
I thought tornados suck you upwards.... I'll sponser fish if he can bungee flying....

formation of torandos comes from cold air falling and hot air rising to form a vortex. If he's caught in the downstream he'll accelerate

i think that's what goes on
Reply 10
Willa
formation of torandos comes from cold air falling and hot air rising to form a vortex. If he's caught in the downstream he'll accelerate

i think that's what goes on

He'd really become fishcake if that happens...
Reply 11
Camford
You are far too big in size to be modeled as a particle...

I'm very sensitive to comments about my weight camfo :frown:
Reply 12
fishpaste

Eat your hat :p:
Reply 13
shiny
Eat your hat :p:

I will :biggrin: I'm waiting for visesh to get here =P
Reply 14
fishpaste

I am far too big to be modeled as a particle as well.
Reply 15
fishpaste
I will :biggrin: I'm waiting for visesh to get here =P

What?!?! But I'll have left by then. Sucks I tell you.

A.
Reply 16
Ah sciency people! Rather than going "Eek! 200ft! Oooh aren't you brave!" you decide to talk about exactly what velocity he'll be going at. :biggrin: Awww bless!
You done anything like his before fishy?
Reply 17
Alaric
What?!?! But I'll have left by then. Sucks I tell you.

A.

You'll be invited back as a guest of honour.
Reply 18
Acaila
Ah sciency people! Rather than going "Eek! 200ft! Oooh aren't you brave!" you decide to talk about exactly what velocity he'll be going at. :biggrin: Awww bless!
You done anything like his before fishy?

That's totally my fault...
I wonder what the optimum height for maximum scariness is?

Latest

Trending

Trending