The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hahaha, nice one Erik! At least you have proof she studied there :tongue: It's not 100% that Shakespeare studied at our school, but most biographers agree that he did.
Reply 21
ChrisTheRockGod
well well, check you!
mine was famous for underachievement and teenage pregnancy.

Mine too!
Reply 22
Former student Rachel Whitear died of a heroin overdose; typical, eh.
Reply 23
the headmaster in the 1960's got murdered by a rent boy.
the maker of 'the muppets' used to go to school there and he is a film producer
'this is your life' was filmed there, for some celebrity who used to go there - can't remember his name
Reply 24
Christian Bale went to my school, my geography teacher taught him and said he was an arrogant ****, but in fairness you would be after coming back from a steven spielberg film to year 9 geography.
volcanoes? all very interesting but i'm going to be batman!!
JK Rowling studied there (so the teacher Snape was based on taught there, and apparently when Rowling went there there was a teacher with a false eye according to some ex-pupils)

Other than that:
Last year there was a drugs overdose on the school fields
And we used to fight a lot with the other local comp... Not me personally, but people I know.
Reply 26
It's a ****** state school in the North, so there's nothing famous about it.

About the only famous person from Blackburn atm is Diana Vickers which doesn't really represent Blackburn on the whole very well as she's an upper-middle class privately educated person.
Frank Skinner went there, before he got expelled.
Reply 28
The WWE wrestler william regul went to my school, not that most of you will have heard of him though :frown:
Reply 29
stainedglass
Frank Skinner went there, before he got expelled.

He used to be a lecturer at the college i went to before i attended.
Apparently mine has an 'internatinal reputation for excellence', or thats what they were always telling us, but thats about it

edit: and the first grant-maintained school
Reply 32
Some Asian girl from my french classes is now on Coronation St.
Ben Shephard went to our school XD
Erm.. oh, and the founder of Pensylvania came from our school many a century ago...
Oh, and like our last headmaster left us, and is now the headmaster of Eton.
alenax
Florence Nightingale visited it.

There was going to be a huge group knife fight between us and an all-girls' comprehensive.

It's nicknamed "whores on the hill".

we're called "the whore-house on the hill" too!

Back on topic.... Berlie Doherty went to our school and her book "How Green You Are" is written about us.

yes, we wear horrific green uniforms, we're also known as wheelie-bins, bottle-banks etc
Reply 35
We produced terrotists!

And Eugeine (can't spell) from BB, and also Chico from X Factor (I think?)
Reply 36
Kat Deeley went to my Dad's school...

Also I think a couple of students have killed themselves? :sad:
Reply 37
Stonyhurst College: 3 of the england world cup winning rugby squad went to our school (Kieran Bracken, Will Greenwood, Ian balshaw), the last england rugby coach used to be our first team coach.

Arthur Conan Doyle went there.

Tolkien wrote the Hobbit while living at our school. I basically live in Hobbiton.

There's more, but they quickly become obscure and only interesting if you know about some weird history.
First one I went to... loads of rugby players went there, quite famous ones too apparently but i'll be damned if I can remember their names...

Second one... worst school in the county, and some of My Dad's The Prime Minister was filmed there :biggrin:
Angus Thongs And Perfect Snogging Filmed At Mine.

=)

Latest

Trending

Trending