The Student Room Group
logic123
will a ships hull go further below the water going from water thats dense to less dense or will it go further towards the surface from more to less dense.

Firstly, what a lovely photo you have in your profile!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buoyancy - i think that should answer your question.
Reply 2
lol ty im glad you like it hehe i think i worked out the answerr, the depth of the ship in the water would increase, becuase the densigty of water would be less therefore needs a greater buyoncy foprce, needs to displace a greater volume of water.
logic123
lol ty im glad you like it hehe i think i worked out the answerr, the depth of the ship in the water would increase, becuase the densigty of water would be less therefore needs a greater buyoncy foprce, needs to displace a greater volume of water.

I think you are right, the forces have to balance. So if the water is less dence more has to be displaced for this to happen. Therefore the hulls goes deeper into the water.

However after some of the howlers I have been posting on here over the last few days, and from how my transcript will look after my january exams I may well be wrong.
Reply 4
Looks good to me

Latest