The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
buzz
Hi,
In your final year, if you fail a module, are you allowed to resit it? If so, when does the resit take place and does that mean you can't attend the graduation ceremony if the resits are after the ceremonies? The module is a 10 credit one and is compulsory (although it doesn't act as a pre-requisite for anything)

I have a feeling you can't. That's because if you fail 40 or more credits you don't get an honours degree - I think you just get an ordinary degree. That's the case for Economics anyway I think.

Read your module handout you were given at the beginning of the year - it should have details in there.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
buzz
Hi,
In your final year, if you fail a module, are you allowed to resit it? If so, when does the resit take place and does that mean you can't attend the graduation ceremony if the resits are after the ceremonies? The module is a 10 credit one and is compulsory (although it doesn't act as a pre-requisite for anything)

There's no point in retaking final year modules, because the marks you get in retakes don't count towards your degree anyway. They are only necessary if you haven't passed enough credits/have a high enough average to progress to the next year. See this for the full regulations.
Reply 3
Thanks for the help! Don't worry, I'm not expecting it to come to anything like that......hopefully :biggrin: