The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ask questions about things you want to know, basicly.
Reply 2
You can't just ask other people what they learned. That's cheating. You need to figure out yourself what YOU learned from the experience. It's not worth going into an interview with answers copied from other people because they will see right through you.

Just enjoy the experience, ask things you are interested in, be it about medicine, working for the NHS, etc.
Reply 3
in my work experience i asked what the worst and best aspects of medicine where in their opinion. i think i also asked about the hours they worked and what on call was like etc. I asked a bit about training and intercalated degrees.

I think finding out about what the doctor thinks of the career and their response to any question is good information.
Reply 4
snail_87
You can't just ask other people what they learned. That's cheating. You need to figure out yourself what YOU learned from the experience. It's not worth going into an interview with answers copied from other people because they will see right through you.

Just enjoy the experience, ask things you are interested in, be it about medicine, working for the NHS, etc.

Eek, i didn't see it like that! I was just meant to ask what it was like shadowing a G.P. and what sort of cases (or patients) that you encountered and whether you should pick up some medical terms and things like that. Sorry if i sounded a bit sneaky :frown:
Reply 5
trektor
in my work experience i asked what the worst and best aspects of medicine where in their opinion. i think i also asked about the hours they worked and what on call was like etc. I asked a bit about training and intercalated degrees.

I think finding out about what the doctor thinks of the career and their response to any question is good information.

They seem like relevant questions and things that are important to find out.:yep:
Reply 6
_lynx_
Eek, i didn't see it like that! I was just meant to ask what it was like shadowing a G.P. and what sort of cases (or patients) that you encountered and whether you should pick up some medical terms and things like that. Sorry if i sounded a bit sneaky :frown:

yeahh, careful how you phrase it, or there'll be a lot of flamers.
Cases-wise, i suppose it varies from region to region. that might be something to ask: i asked what kind of illnesses were common in my area, as they might ask you that at interview. just try and take it all in; it's a really interesting aspect of medicine.

Latest

Trending

Trending