Double Science
History
French
Business Studies
Performing Arts

xxxx
Reply 42
Senurita-Anita
What kind of maths is the best A-Level??

Mechanics or Statistics??

I think that statistics is easier to grasp the basics of, however if you are going for the top grades then I think mechanics is easier to get 100 in

On the other hand you could do half and half and do S1 and M1, it'll make life easier. Good unis don't like this if you are applying for something linked to maths but for law I'm sure they don't mind
Reply 43
I would definitely recommend taking history and english lit because then if you decide you really don't like one and want to drop it after a year then you will still have a reasonable set to apply to uni with
would you ever consider a science and if so, which?
I reallyy really would like to keep science out of the picture!!

If i absolutely had to do one it would be biology.

xx
Senurita-Anita
I reallyy really would like to keep science out of the picture!!

If i absolutely had to do one it would be biology.

xx

Ok forget about sciences then.

With all your subjects, including compulasary subjects maths, englich it etc, can you put them in order of prefereance with sciences in order and not as double science.

Im probs being annoying lol

soz that didnt make sence coule you put your subjects in order of preference
In order of preference;

Performing Arts
English Lit
Maths
History
Biology
Philosophy
French
Business
Chemistry
Physics

That's only really a rough idea...!!!

x
Reply 48
English lit is my fave Alevel :smile:
Well to be completely honest the only A-levels that really open up your options at university are the sciences and maths.

I did geography, english and maths and am now having to do a foundation to do an engineering degree. I did find english to be very helpful for things like essay technique, vocab building etc which are essential skills.

If you want a decent career (NOT TO SAY THESE GUARANTEE IT:p:)
-Physics
-Maths (depending on what you want to do e.g. mechanics for engineers, stats for accountants)
-Further Maths
-Chemistry
-English
-A language (french, spanish)

I know im not being any help but thats my 2 pence:wink:
Senurita-Anita
In order of preference;

Performing Arts
English Lit
Maths
History
Biology
Philosophy
French
Business
Chemistry
Physics

That's only really a rough idea...!!!

x

Hi sorry for the felay, would have replied earlier but had something to do.

I would advise:
Maths ( as you dont like physics i would avoid mechanics) If you want any advise about maths feel free to ask
English lit
History but only if you are sure you will enjoy it
either philosophy, rs or performing arts ( personally i would take RS as it does have philosophy modukes and is actually quite interesting but again check course content)

I say performing arts becxause you obviously enjoy it a lot or you wouldnt have considered taking double. If you can manage to do performing arts outside of college i would advise it.

What sort of uni would you think of applying to BTW? The average uni or the top 5? You should know based on your GCSE potential, if your likrly to get straight A's at GCSE your likely to do well at college and get into a really good one.
MathsGirl
Hi sorry for the felay, would have replied earlier but had something to do.

I would advise:
Maths ( as you dont like physics i would avoid mechanics) If you want any advise about maths feel free to ask
English lit
History but only if you are sure you will enjoy it
either philosophy, rs or performing arts ( personally i would take RS as it does have philosophy modukes and is actually quite interesting but again check course content)

I say performing arts becxause you obviously enjoy it a lot or you wouldnt have considered taking double. If you can manage to do performing arts outside of college i would advise it.

What sort of uni would you think of applying to BTW? The average uni or the top 5? You should know based on your GCSE potential, if your likrly to get straight A's at GCSE your likely to do well at college and get into a really good one.

Well, i'm thinking of applying to a good one but not a top top uni!! If you get mee?

Don't think i'm getting straight A's, but a few A's nd A*'s hopefully.

Anyway speak tomoro, i'm off for an early night

Night xxxxx
Custard Factory
Well to be completely honest the only A-levels that really open up your options at university are the sciences and maths.

I did geography, english and maths and am now having to do a foundation to do an engineering degree. I did find english to be very helpful for things like essay technique, vocab building etc which are essential skills.

If you want a decent career (NOT TO SAY THESE GUARANTEE IT:p:)
-Physics
-Maths (depending on what you want to do e.g. mechanics for engineers, stats for accountants)
-Further Maths
-Chemistry
-English
-A language (french, spanish)

I know im not being any help but thats my 2 pence:wink:

That's not really true, if you want to do engineering or a maths or science based subject then yes, but otherwise, that can't be said to be true.
Reply 53
:smile: Not to hijack the thread, but could someone tell me what they think of the combination of English Lit, Art, French, Biology? I didn't want to start another thread on the same subject.

To the OP, I'm doing the Theatre Studies AS at the moment a bit early and I'm enjoying it. It might be a good idea if you want to do performing arts, as it'll only take one option.
bambii
:smile: Not to hijack the thread, but could someone tell me what they think of the combination of English Lit, Art, French, Biology? I didn't want to start another thread on the same subject.

To the OP, I'm doing the Theatre Studies AS at the moment a bit early and I'm enjoying it. It might be a good idea if you want to do performing arts, as it'll only take one option.

obviously it depends on what you want to do at uni but english lit, biology and french are all very strong subjects.
Reply 55
bambii

those are my 4 subjects! im not finding it too much work and im hoping they are strong (all are seen as good, even though art is "soft" most people realise how much work and creativity is needed)

Latest