The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
just as level chemistry.
University of York
York
Reply 2
It's not much help, but my friend had one a few months ago; he mentioned they asked him some things about his personal statement, were really nice, and told him at the end of the interview his chances of getting an offer were good! He also wore jeans and a jumper, so informal actually did mean informal. :smile:
Reply 3
A girl I know went to one at York a few weeks ago. Apparently it was very informal, some group things and one-to-one interviews but it would mainly just be about things she'd already covered in Chemistry. Dress smart-casual.
Gratz on the interview!

Shouldn't be difficult, as people have mentioned. Also, isn't chemistry very under subscribed now?
Reply 5
Thanx
i'm still really nervous as im not very confident!
does anyone no how long it lasts for?
Reply 6
20 mins
My interview was informal, had no questions relating to specific chemistry topics, was just a discussion about why i liked chemistry, what parts of chemistry i liked etc.

At the end we were just speaking about York's architecture and tourism sites..it was completely informal and friendly. I wore jeans and a hoody..dont go over the top and wear a suit.

But i would suggest you think a little bit about what you want to talk about, just dont panic about it.
Reply 8
MobiusOtaCon

But i would suggest you think a little bit about what you want to talk about, just dont panic about it.

Give that the OP's interview was almost a month ago she probably knows that.

Still, I'm moving this to the York forum as it's useful general advice for a York chemistry applicant.
Reply 9
I did have a couple of questions relating to chemistry. It really depends who interviews you. I had an organic chemistry professor, so after our informal discussion he asked me a few questions, and told me a bit about his research.
Reply 10
Chris.111
I did have a couple of questions relating to chemistry. It really depends who interviews you. I had an organic chemistry professor, so after our informal discussion he asked me a few questions, and told me a bit about his research.

Thanx...I actually went for my interview months ago. It turned out great though and I received an offer, but I've decided to go to Loughborough University instead.
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending