The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AmberB
What?! I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread. He's been with her for 2 YEARS- surely that shows in itself that he's not with her purely for sex, so saying 'as he only cares about sex' doesn't have much basis to stand on. I think it's fair enough for him to bring up the idea of sex after two years.. I don't think he's forcing it on her, but seeing as his views aren't the same as hers, I don't see how he's being unreasonable :confused:
It's quite normal to have sex in relationships especially after 2 years... so what exactly has this poor lad done wrong? Except asking whether she would be willing to have that kind of intimacy with him. Remember, he isn't religious, so why should he just give up HIS morals? I know there has to be some sort of compromise but this is beginning to be really unfair on him. He's being incredibly patient with her and good for him if he can handle it, I know I couldn't. I feel that sex needs to be there in my relationships. I've only been with my boyfriend (4 year relationship) and I couldn't imagine not having that in our relationship, personally.
I don't get how people think this guy 'isn't worth it' just because he wants sex? :confused: MOST people do want it. Although OP, I wouldn't be having sex anyway- not until you are at least 16. So it's fair enough that you and he have waiting that long, for the reason alone.
I'm probably going to get slated for this, but it's just my opinion. I'm not saying that OP is either right or wrong with her beliefs- that's not for me to decide, but I certainly don't believe that this boy has done anything wrong either.

personally, i think you're spot on (not just this post). OP listen to her!!
Reply 181
Set the poor boy free!
Reply 182
rnd
Set the poor boy free!

lol i have! :smile:
Reply 183
Sooze.™
lol i have! :smile:

and you sound so very devistated about the end of your two year relationship. . .
I thought she meant she'd had sex?
Reply 185
emilina
and you sound so very devistated about the end of your two year relationship. . .

lol, hmm...maybe the day and the day after but tbh i feel much better because i know i did the right thing. And there was no need to take that sarcastic tone :s-smilie: we're still friends so i don't feel like I've lost him completely and it was a mutual decision [kind of!]
Sooze.™
The Capital Letters...Its My Thing...Yep..I'm A Weirdo! :smile:
Thanks Everyone For The Advice.

Unless you recently had your birthday it would be easy to assume you were still 15 which of course is underage in this country.
I thought why han't he asked you to marry him if hes that in love with you and wants you.

Then I saw your age. WTF!?!
Right decision dumping him, he obviously thought you'd give it up as soon as you were legal.

I was in a similar position though I don't share your beliefs I wasn't ready. I said no and got dumped two days later. I'm now with a man who I am madly madly in love with and yes I am sleeping with him but it was the right thing to do so.

I do plan on becoming his wife one day, but even if we break up I could never regret him.
Well I Like The Way U Type. :biggrin:
Do Whatever U Want To Do.It Is Ur Life . Why Do U Ask Us ?
Reply 189
Sooze.™
lol, hmm...maybe the day and the day after but tbh i feel much better because i know i did the right thing. And there was no need to take that sarcastic tone :s-smilie: we're still friends so i don't feel like I've lost him completely and it was a mutual decision [kind of!]

How did he take it if you don't mind me asking? I guess it was the best thing to do. You're views on sex were completely different to his- it wasn't fair on either of you. I don't think he did anything wrong, mind you, but I guess it was kinder to end the relationship.. I guess now he can get what he wants and you can too, if that makes sense. Any way good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending