The Student Room Group
Twaffy
Is anybody doing Russain GCSE?

Yep, I'm doing Russian. It's so hard. How many people are in your class. There is only one other person at my school doing it and he's Russian. I just did my Russian mock exam, it was sooo unbelievably difficult. Which exam board, are you doing the exam with? I'm doing it with AQA.
Reply 2
I did AQA GCSE Russian last year. I only (if that's the right word) got an A, and we had a class of thirty doing it (those who were in top set languages at the end of the first year were forced to do it from year 8 onwards). It is remarkably hard, but as long as you learn the connectives, some basic vocabulary, and master the tenses you'll be fine. The oral was a nightmare, though.
I don't think an A is bad at all. The other person in my class who is Russian, is probably going to get an A, because there are so many Russians who do the GCSE and get almost 100%. If you lose one mark in the writing exam, then the writing can only be worth an A, so unfortunately, it looks like it is going to be impossible for me to get an A*.

Latest

Trending

Trending