Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any AQA AS Unit 1 biology revision sites?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there any sites for the new AQA AS Unit 1 Biology course as I have the exam on Thursday and would really appreciate any extra help so is there any websites that are interactive or anything like that?
    Thanks
    • 45 followers

biologymad.com

It has many links to other websites.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    The exam... Learn everything in your textbook.
    Now back to it. :sigh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    biologymad.com

It has many links to other websites.
    cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.biologyguide.net/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give a site for aqa as unit 2? biology guide is ok, but its more for human biology
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    Can someone give a site for aqa as unit 2? biology guide is ok, but its more for human biology
    http://www.biologymad.com/

Should have what you are looking for....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheekiiMonkii)
    http://www.biologymad.com/

Should have what you are looking for....
    Loool i posted this a whole 2 years ago, im at uni right now, and I already knew about biology mad at the time, it was good for unit 1, but not unit 2
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loool i posted this a whole 2 years ago, im at uni right now, and I already knew about biology mad at the time, it was good for unit 1, but not unit 2
    :lol:

Oh Btw what grade did you end up getting for Biology? I hate it so much :mad:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOOOL i use it for unit 2 and find it alright to be honest... it just doesn't have A2 notes so gonna have to switch next year...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yumnaarrhhh)
    :lol:

Oh Btw what grade did you end up getting for Biology? I hate it so much :mad:
    B, i narrowly missed an A by a couple of marks, unit 4 was a bitch. I did ok for AS i got a pretty solid A, and i think i got 73% in A2, i don't remember but yh it was really irritating, all that ecology rubbish, and unit 5 was just MASSIVE, ridiculous how much stuff we had to learn. If i remember correct I got A for unit 1 and 2, B for unit 4 and 5 and Bs for the EMPAs. Just grin and bear it, the mountain you climb is only worth it once you get to the top.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    B, i narrowly missed an A by a couple of marks, unit 4 was a bitch. I did ok for AS i got a pretty solid A, and i think i got 73% in A2, i don't remember but yh it was really irritating, all that ecology rubbish, and unit 5 was just MASSIVE, ridiculous how much stuff we had to learn. If i remember correct I got A for unit 1 and 2, B for unit 4 and 5 and Bs for the EMPAs. Just grin and bear it, the mountain you climb is only worth it once you get to the top.
    Aw well done!!
    I messed up my Unit 1 paper pretty badly I got it back from AQA and it was mostly because I didn't have enough detail/keywords :/ otherwise my answers were all correct! & I've got an A in the ISA/EMPA so I hope that helps a bit.
    I think I'm going to drop biology this year though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yumnaarrhhh)
    Aw well done!!
    I messed up my Unit 1 paper pretty badly I got it back from AQA and it was mostly because I didn't have enough detail/keywords :/ otherwise my answers were all correct! & I've got an A in the ISA/EMPA so I hope that helps a bit.
    I think I'm going to drop biology this year though
    A2 bio is a bitch, but i know someone who got a C in AS level and somehow just smashed A2 and got A* overall without even resitting AS. because they literally did 100s of questions from this software called exam pro. It really depends on what you wanna do at uni, what else are you studying?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    A2 bio is a bitch, but i know someone who got a C in AS level and somehow just smashed A2 and got A* overall without even resitting AS. because they literally did 100s of questions from this software called exam pro. It really depends on what you wanna do at uni, what else are you studying?
    Oh wow :O ! I think I may have to look that software up

Well at Uni, i'm not going to do anything science related,probably History & Economics, IR..something like that..maybe even liberal arts. The AS subjects i'm doing are Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and History..so I guess my latter 2 subjects are the ones I really need to do well in
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do you know where i can get this exam pro thing you are talking about?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SulekhaS)
    do you know where i can get this exam pro thing you are talking about?
    They had it at my college, this site says its £80 for A-level, which is quite hefty tbh. Ask your teacher if they can get it for your school/college
    http://www.exampro.co.uk/sec/science.asp

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 23, 2013
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.