The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
imho, the reason why it won't happen is that Israel will checkmate these independent states back into the stone age.
Reply 61
Bismarck
Where do you get this BS from? Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs gained a real foothold in and around Jerusalem with the Arab conquest in the 7th century. Why people assume that Palestinians are anything but Arabs is beyond me.

Walid Khalidi writes that Palestinians in Ottoman times were "[a]cutely aware of the distinctiveness of Palestinian history ..." and that "[a]lthough proud of their Arab heritage and ancestry, the Palestinians considered themselves to be descended not only from Arab conquerors of the seventh century but also from indigenous peoples who had lived in the country since time immemorial, including the ancient Hebrews and the Canaanites before them."

Besides that, when the northern kingdom of Israel was dispersed by the babylonians during the time of King Nebuchadnezzar, he brought in different foreign tribes to populate the land. these tribes came to be part of the modern palestinian ancestral origins.

Although predominantly Arabs, they still have their roots from the ancient Canaanites. Get your facts right before saying my post is BS. OMG, and you call yourself a mod?
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Anyone who actually supports Israel is a coward, a hypocrite and hugely misinformed.
Collingwood
Palestine de-facto already is independent (though barely a state, more of a perpetual civil war). The problem is, they don't just want independence, they want Israel to make enormous territorial concessions to them. As much as they are built up in the media as plucky underdogs, these are not reasonable people.

**** off. You're talking as if Israel's the world's oldest country or something.
Reply 64
i fiercely admire Israel's war prowess. look at the 6 Days War. the arab nations try to gangbang Israel but got their d***s blown off instead. no offence to any arab reading this, just that it is how i would describe the Israeli victory.
Because as a sovereign nation you can't breach the sovereignty of your neighbors and not get destroyed, and the world is less sympathetic.
Reply 66
PeeWeeDan
Because as a sovereign nation you can't breach the sovereignty of your neighbors and not get destroyed, and the world is less sympathetic.

Finally..There is another Israeli supporter. Shalom!:cool:
UGeNe
:biggrin: Kosovo did it 'illegally' so why can't the Palestinians?

Because the Palestinians who are left in Gaza are losers.
The smart Palestinians left for Canada, the UK, US and Israel many years ago.

A doctor down the street is of Palestinian origin. He tells most people that he is "Egyptian" because he doesnt want to get involved in politics.
His father was a tribal leader in Gaza years ago.
His children are doing dentistry and medicine.
flugestuge
Because the Palestinians who are left in Gaza are losers.
The smart Palestinians left for Canada, the UK, US and Israel many years ago.

A doctor down the street is of Palestinian origin. He tells most people that he is "Egyptian" because he doesnt want to get involved in politics.

He's a clown and an absolute disgrace.

As for your first comment, you're a coward.
Strictly Business

As for your first comment, you're a coward.

:eek: I haven't read any other posts but geez...
PeeWeeDan
:eek: I haven't read any other posts but geez...

Geez at what, exactly? A man who's turning his back on his history? Or the view that you'd rather run than fight for what's rightfully yours?
Strictly Business
Geez at what, exactly? A man who's turning his back on his history? Or the view that you'd rather run than fight for what's rightfully yours?

When it comes to history and lands as a whole not only is this generally(not always) a poor position to take, since odds are very good you won't have the land "back" in your lifetime, but also it's not "rightfully his". In either case he's making a better life for his children. Do you have a problem with that?
PeeWeeDan
When it comes to history and lands as a whole not only is this generally(not always) a poor position to take, since odds are very good you won't have the land "back" in your lifetime, but also it's not "rightfully his". In either case he's making a better life for his children. Do you have a problem with that?

I completely understand why he's done it, but I still strongly disagree with it. Either way, to claim your another nationality is just disgraceful, pathetic and cowardly.

The land rightfully belongs to Israelis I take it? Please. I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees, as the saying goes. Israel's military occupation will come to an end sooner or later.
Reply 73
Because it has not the support of USA. Unlikely with Kosovo, Palestine has the right since 1948 to have a separate state. Kosovo is of course a violation of sovereignity of Serbia. No comparison. So, we conclude that Palestine has the right of independence and it is not independent and Kosovo has not the right of independence, but it is independent.
Strictly Business

flugestuge

So that Palestinian doctor is a clown and a disgrace because he does not want to emulate Hamas and kill people ?

Your morality is deficient.
flugestuge
So that Palestinian doctor is a clown and a disgrace because he does not want to emulate Hamas and kill people ?

He's a clown and a disgrace for turning his back on his country and his people.
Reply 76
flugestuge

Emulating Hamas and kill people is a synonym to declare your real nationality? Then maybe 13 million Jews should say they are not of the same nationality with Tzipi Livni...
Reply 77
Strictly Business
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Anyone who actually supports Israel is a coward, a hypocrite and hugely misinformed.

So you want to steal Israeli land through the threat or use of force? Completely contravening the jus cogens law.

The way I read international law, is that East Jerusalem was annexed by Jordan, but ever only recognised by the UK, who have since withdrawn their territorial claim to it. And during the 1967 law that Israel had a right to annex it under self defense.

Israel don't want the west bank or gaza. Stop blowing up our cities, control your terrorists, and make your state.
samba
So you want to steal Israeli land through the threat or use of force? Completely contravening the jus cogens law.

The way I read international law, is that East Jerusalem was annexed by Jordan, but ever only recognised by the UK, who have since withdrawn their territorial claim to it. And during the 1967 law that Israel had a right to annex it under self defense.

Israel don't want the west bank or gaza. Stop blowing up our cities, control your terrorists, and make your state.

Zionist lulz ftw.

No one is stealing any land apart from the Israelis. Countless illegal settlements have been established on Palestinian land - and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that Israel shouldn't even exist. It's an illegal country. Perhaps illegal is the wrong term as, unsurprisingly, the international lawmakers are primarily the US, the UK, etc, i.e. Israel's greatest supporters. They're somewhat guilty in this ethnic cleansing themselves.

Israel doesn't want the West Bank or Gaza, indeed. They want the whole land to be Israeli, forcing out any Arabs, as they're currently doing.

Blowing up your cities? Lol. How about you stop blowing up the entire Gaza region? How about you stop your illegal, discriminatory policies that compound Palestinian misery. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. You're just unable to comprehend the conditions the Palestinians are living in. Your soldiers are cowards at the end of the day given the way they hide behind their excessive force and indiscriminate killing of civilians.
Reply 79
Sorry but if anyone compares the Qassam rockets against the village of Sderot and the continuous bombardment of Gaza strip with hi-tech american-made weapons, is quite stupid and ignorant.

Latest