The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Going to Exeter

I have planned to visit a couple of UK universities in March and Exeter is one of them. I have made some searches on rail timetable and see that it takes over 2 hours to travel from Paddington to Exeter. Will it be a panic trip if I leave after breakfast and return to London after my early dinner at Exeter? Is St Davis the proper drop off point and do I need to take any more transport to the university? What will be the weather like at the time? Any advice is much appreciated!
It should be fine. Trains go about every hour or so, and st davids is about 15 mins walk away from the mian campus (there are plenty of signs). The whether is COLD so wrap up!!! If you dont want to walk you can always take a short bus journey, its not really worth it though, your better off walking. Your also about 10-15 mins from all the shops.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
iceman_jondoe
It should be fine. Trains go about every hour or so, and st davids is about 15 mins walk away from the mian campus (there are plenty of signs). The whether is COLD so wrap up!!! If you dont want to walk you can always take a short bus journey, its not really worth it though, your better off walking. Your also about 10-15 mins from all the shops.

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I prefer walking to riding on a bus then. I should be there around late March ( 23.3 to 26.3) and wonder if the campus will be very quiet due to term break. Would really like to visit some departments there, if possible. I was told about trying cream tea near by but really have no idea where I can find it.
Reply 3
By the way, one more question about booking rail tickets in advance. Is the fare the same if I book the ticket one day or a few weeks in advance? The booking system confuses me a bit as I find that the fare can vary a lot on different days and different times. Can be unbelievably expensive or cheap!!
Rail tickets are generally cheaper in advance (at least a few weeks).
Reply 5
Get the ticket in advance - when I go Exeter-London I get my ticket for ~£15 return, whereas a single on the day could be £20+

Latest

Trending

Trending