Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The West Ham United thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Considering a lot of other teams have got one thought I'd start one up for my own team.

A loada players have been linked away with moves as we've admitted we'll listen to any offers, who do you think will be off in this window? Anyone to come in? We'll obviously have to sell first...

What about the season overall, we sit in 10th at the moment which aint bad considering we were 17th a couple of weeks back. Shows how tight this league is really. Still in the FA Cup and here's hoping we can go on a run similar to a couple of years back. :cool:

I'll update the thread whenever something West Ham related pops up. :yep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out:
    Craig Bellamy, Robert Green, Matthew Upson, Lucas Neill, Valon Behrami & Gianfranco Zola.

In:
    Joey Barton, David Nugent & Dave Kitson. And a goalie, if Green Leaves.

I'll take a bet at you finishing 15th this season.

You are in the same boat as us at the moment, sucks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's weird cause the player that I think will most likely be off is Scotty Parker. I think Bellamy will leave in the summer and at the moment, wouldn't take less than £15m for him. Green aswell. Even Upson I can't see going, Behrami has been really good and I'll be gutted to see him go but yet again can't see him off. There's rumours we're looking to offload Lucas Neill on a free just to clear the wage bill, I can see him off. Zola, no chance. I've been impressed with him. We've been playing some really good stuff under him which is very pleasing on the eye as you would know mate at your ground.

What's also good is our defence isn't leaking as many goals as it was earlier in the season, Steve Clarke is obviously getting it right on the training ground.

I've heard rumours of a swap with Parker and Elano, I'd take that all day long as we seriously lack creativity in the midfield.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WestHamJake)
    That's weird cause the player that I think will most likely be off is Scotty Parker. I think Bellamy will leave in the summer and at the moment, wouldn't take less than £15m for him. Green aswell. Even Upson I can't see going, Behrami has been really good and I'll be gutted to see him go but yet again can't see him off. There's rumours we're looking to offload Lucas Neill on a free just to clear the wage bill, I can see him off. Zola, no chance. I've been impressed with him. We've been playing some really good stuff under him which is very pleasing on the eye as you would know mate at your ground.

What's also good is our defence isn't leaking as many goals as it was earlier in the season, Steve Clarke is obviously getting it right on the training ground.

I've heard rumours of a swap with Parker and Elano, I'd take that all day long as we seriously lack creativity in the midfield.
    Scott Parker to Man City..? I put Zola in there, as i would take a cheeky bet that he will quit by the end of the season, if he had to sell his best assets. Good manager, but not got the 'full control' like he was promised.

Can't fault Bellamy against Pompey, he was great! Caught us napping, that's for sure. With Bellamy, i think it was Spurs who wanted him, but they now have Defoe, so maybe you are right, he'll still be there most likely at the end of the season.

Scott Parker swap with Elano? That would be good, as long as Zola & Clarke got the best out of him. Elano can be a great player at times, and then useless. Bring in 1-2 Brazilians, and away you go :p:

You were linked with Gary O'Neil a week or so ago, if you could get him, i think you would be getting a brilliant player! (Providing we don't snatch him). - High work rate, will do what he can.

I think the question is, who would you as a West ham fan, like to see Zola sign?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Out:
    Craig Bellamy, Robert Green, Matthew Upson, Lucas Neill, Valon Behrami & Gianfranco Zola.

In:
    Joey Barton, David Nugent & Dave Kitson. And a goalie, if Green Leaves.

I'll take a bet at you finishing 15th this season.

You are in the same boat as us at the moment, sucks!
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll llllllllllllllllllllllllll no! from a newcastle fan
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    god if Joey Barton comes to the club, it would be the biggest mistake we have made

spurs are doing their yearly raid

players in very unlike as well the club just hasn't got the money
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    god if Joey Barton comes to the club, it would be the biggest mistake we have made

spurs are doing their yearly raid

players in very unlike as well the club just hasn't got the money
    Firstly, thanks for the help with my biology work about transcription/translation and those sites you gave me

Secondly, I can't see Barton leaving anytime soon because, while he's a good player, not many teams or fans like the guy and won't have him in fear that he'll disrupt the club, which he almost certainly would.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Firstly, thanks for the help with my biology work about transcription/translation and those sites you gave me

Secondly, I can't see Barton leaving anytime soon because, while he's a good player, not many teams or fans like the guy and won't have him in fear that he'll disrupt the club, which he almost certainly would.
    no probs, thanks for the rep

to be fair in my view his shouldn't be playing football, anyone in another job would of be fired with what he did, seems footballers get away with murder
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it helped that the icelandic bank that owned us went bust

and i hate those tacky castles at the new stadium.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems Everyone Is Leavin West Ham
    Turned On Sky Sports Bout Half An Hour Ago

Like Bowyer, Etherington and Davenport
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoony2oo8)
    Seems Everyone Is Leavin West Ham
    Turned On Sky Sports Bout Half An Hour Ago

Like Bowyer, Etherington and Davenport
    I wouldn't believe all that you read in the papers etc...

Fair do's a few players will leave, but not every single decent one.

Would it be such a bad thing if Bowyer left?

Etherington, yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Suppose They Do Need TO Cut Down The Wage Bill.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lee Bowyer's best days are well behind him anyway, and like you said, the wage bill will be cut down as well. Id imagine he was on a hefty wage when he joined.

Same with Lucas Neill.. If he goes for a free in the summer, or to Blackburn (or wherever?!).
    • 12 followers

Bowyer, Etherington and Davenport were only bit part players anyway. Think Birmingham is just about the right place for Bowyer, they both have one thing in common, they're scum.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see West Ham tomorrow :woo: Can't wait to see Zola. My hero.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parkers an overrated water carrier, and any business we can do involving Elano and or any amount of money is good business. Likewise, Bellamy is too injury prone and doesn't score enough. Though he would be world class alongside a Defoe or Darren Bent, it just ain't gonna happen at West Ham. Any offer upwards of £10 million and we should be looking at business.

But selling Bellamy and not replacing him with quality is suicide, as that would leave Cole (toilet), Ashton (injury prone), Sears (not ready yet), Tristan and Di Michele (both have had their day).

Upson, Green, Noble and Collison we need to keep at all costs.

Davenport, Mullins, Bowyer, Quashie, Spector et al won't be missed.
    • 12 followers

I rate that Mark Noble
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I rate that Mark Noble
    OI! Enough of that. You stole Coker :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
    • 12 followers

(Original post by cunningstunt87)
    OI! Enough of that. You stole Coker :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
    I'd take Noble over Reo-Coker
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So would I (thankfully!)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.