Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The West Ham United thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't want Gudjohnsen in. I'd much rather a younger striker like Jovetic, Lavezzi or Kießling. Failing that get Santa Cruz or Suazo who played at Cagliari with Zola.

Decent result today though. Clinging onto 7th and Spurs still can't overtake with a win
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're gonna end up with a cheap journeyman like Di Michele or Tristan cos our board lack the ambition to back Zola seriously.

Yesterday was 2 points dropped against one of the most out of form sides ever, and with remaining fixtures at home to Liverpool, Chelski and Boro and away at Everton and Stoke, we won't get another point all season and we'll end up in the lower half of the table below footballing illuminaries such as Wigan and Fulham.

Sack the Board !!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    We're gonna end up with a cheap journeyman like Di Michele or Tristan cos our board lack the ambition to back Zola seriously.

Yesterday was 2 points dropped against one of the most out of form sides ever, and with remaining fixtures at home to Liverpool, Chelski and Boro and away at Everton and Stoke, we won't get another point all season and we'll end up in the lower half of the table below footballing illuminaries such as Wigan and Fulham.

Sack the Board !!
    God you're pessimistic! lol. I think we could beat Stoke and Boro and get a draw out of one of the Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton games.

I don't see yesterday as two points dropped, I think with the team we had out there it was a great result to get a point, Villa should be embarassed for not beating that team tbh!

I agree with you about the board lacking ambition, it's so irritating because if we had someone willing to spend and get 3/4 more players I think we could have a really great squad. The latest is that we're going to be taken over a consortium of banks and Zola will only be given profits from the club to buy players with! Nothing ever goes right for west ham
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Sack the Board !!
    I thought that di michele had played not bad this season. I think West Ham need a goalscorer who is gonna get 15-20 goals a season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we are after Kevin Kuranyi;
    Here

He would be a great signing in my opinion.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoony2oo8)
    I thought that di michele had played not bad this season. I think West Ham need a goalscorer who is gonna get 15-20 goals a season.
    Di Michele hasn't been bad, and would be an ok squad player, but we can't rely on him to be one of our first choice strikers. Only Anelka, Ronaldo and Gerrard have 15 premier league goals this season. I wouldn't mind Bent from the spuds. Good in the air and knows where the back of the net is.

(Original post by Siany_1989)
    God you're pessimistic! lol. I think we could beat Stoke and Boro and get a draw out of one of the Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton games.

I don't see yesterday as two points dropped, I think with the team we had out there it was a great result to get a point, Villa should be embarassed for not beating that team tbh!

I agree with you about the board lacking ambition, it's so irritating because if we had someone willing to spend and get 3/4 more players I think we could have a really great squad. The latest is that we're going to be taken over a consortium of banks and Zola will only be given profits from the club to buy players with! Nothing ever goes right for west ham

Stoke have the 3rd best home record in the league (same points at home as Chelsea) and Boro on the last day will probably be down and therefore playing for their transfers (hence will be fired up) whilst we'll have nothing to play for so will give the kids a run out. Then they'll get battered, lose confidence and find themselves shipped out in pre season so Southend, Orient, Dagenham etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Di Michele hasn't been bad, and would be an ok squad player, but we can't rely on him to be one of our first choice strikers. Only Anelka, Ronaldo and Gerrard have 15 premier league goals this season. I wouldn't mind Bent from the spuds. Good in the air and knows where the back of the net is.

Stoke have the 3rd best home record in the league (same points at home as Chelsea) and Boro on the last day will probably be down and therefore playing for their transfers (hence will be fired up) whilst we'll have nothing to play for so will give the kids a run out. Then they'll get battered, lose confidence and find themselves shipped out in pre season so Southend, Orient, Dagenham etc.
    I agree Di Michele isn't really good enough if we want to have ambition and move up a step. It's actually very irritating that the board didn't invest much this year and we've got all these injuries cos this season has been one where the teams you'd expect to be doing well like spurs and man city haven't done that great and we could have capitalised on that. We could still get the 7th spot of course but i'm not being too hopeful

I still maintain that we could get wins at stoke and boro :p: . With boro especially we should definately have the likes of Cole and Parker back and Collison might be back by then as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Least we have some players for the future if we can't afford to buy any. (Collison, Savio, Noble,Stanislas,Sears,Tomkins... ..etc.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree Di Michele isn't really good enough if we want to have ambition and move up a step. It's actually very irritating that the board didn't invest much this year and we've got all these injuries cos this season has been one where the teams you'd expect to be doing well like spurs and man city haven't done that great and we could have capitalised on that. We could still get the 7th spot of course but i'm not being too hopeful

I still maintain that we could get wins at stoke and boro :p: . With boro especially we should definately have the likes of Cole and Parker back and Collison might be back by then as well.
    Collision and Noble will go to bigger teams, Savio looks awful and Sears, Stanislas and Tomkins are destined for careers at Yeovil and Gillingham.

I really hope they all prove me wrong, truly I do. But this is West Ham and how many times have we been down this road before? Every season, year after year, we fail to build on promise and just kick our heels along rather than have the ambition to kick on, managers squander limited funds given to them and talented players go.

If we don't make 7th and Upson goes, then thats gonna start a mass walkout. Players like Green, Behrami, Parker, Cole (after the season he had up to his injury) won't stick around, so we'll repair the damage with a bit of string and brown paper, probably Nani's crap from Serie B.

Siany, I wish I had your optimism, Truly I do. Stoke at the Brittannia are no muppets, and its written in the stars that Boro will just turn up, put 11 men behind the ball and mug us off for a 1-0 victory (though if its a meaningless game for us and it sends Newcastle down then I may manage a wry smile)

But after saying all that I still hate Chelsea, I still hate Lampard, I hate Terry with a passion and I will celebrate like mad if we can do them saturday. My heart is convinced that we'll mug them off for a 2-0 win but my head can see a 4-0 spanking on its way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Collision and Noble will go to bigger teams, Savio looks awful and Sears, Stanislas and Tomkins are destined for careers at Yeovil and Gillingham.

I really hope they all prove me wrong, truly I do. But this is West Ham and how many times have we been down this road before? Every season, year after year, we fail to build on promise and just kick our heels along rather than have the ambition to kick on, managers squander limited funds given to them and talented players go.

If we don't make 7th and Upson goes, then thats gonna start a mass walkout. Players like Green, Behrami, Parker, Cole (after the season he had up to his injury) won't stick around, so we'll repair the damage with a bit of string and brown paper, probably Nani's crap from Serie B.

Siany, I wish I had your optimism, Truly I do. Stoke at the Brittannia are no muppets, and its written in the stars that Boro will just turn up, put 11 men behind the ball and mug us off for a 1-0 victory (though if its a meaningless game for us and it sends Newcastle down then I may manage a wry smile)

But after saying all that I still hate Chelsea, I still hate Lampard, I hate Terry with a passion and I will celebrate like mad if we can do them saturday. My heart is convinced that we'll mug them off for a 2-0 win but my head can see a 4-0 spanking on its way.
    Mate you gotta get down upton park sometime - noble's been average this season, made quite a few mistakes no way would he leave west ham. Savio's only made like 4 or 5 appearances, which he's looked good in (running at defenders, cutting inside to shoot) far from awful. Stanislas has played three games - he scored on his full debut and has been great in he other games. As for Tomkins he's practically cemented his place in the first 11 --- Collins cant get back in team! Tomkins is quality. As for sears - i agree with you he's crap, i doubt he'll make it tbh, too small
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thcj)
    Mate you gotta get down upton park sometime - noble's been average this season, made quite a few mistakes no way would he leave west ham. Savio's only made like 4 or 5 appearances, which he's looked good in (running at defenders, cutting inside to shoot) far from awful. Stanislas has played three games - he scored on his full debut and has been great in he other games. As for Tomkins he's practically cemented his place in the first 11 --- Collins cant get back in team! Tomkins is quality. As for sears - i agree with you he's crap, i doubt he'll make it tbh, too small
    True mate, alot of my predictions are based on Football First and MOTD highlights (and mostly on the nature, history and traditions of West Ham) but then I'm not prepared to pay the ticket prices they're asking to go down there.

Anyways, after watching the Chelsea game tonight, I'm convinced that we can get something from the game Saturday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    True mate, alot of my predictions are based on Football First and MOTD highlights (and mostly on the nature, history and traditions of West Ham) but then I'm not prepared to pay the ticket prices they're asking to go down there.

Anyways, after watching the Chelsea game tonight, I'm convinced that we can get something from the game Saturday.
    I really dont blame you for that, i probably wouldve had to give up my season ticket if they hadnt cut the prices for next year - absolute joke the amount they make us cough up! But yeah at least a point v chelsea on saturady let's be optimistic.

Come on you irons!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not been to Upton Park since Palermo in the UEFA cup, september 2006? I gave up my season ticket after the cup final cos I just couldn't afford it and then it grew into resentment at the clubs pricing structure.

I'm off to Nottingham next year and Forest (I know its championship football) are charging £12 for a student. Why can't we offer a reduced rates for students? I'm 22 so I can't even get on the young persons tickets. And £45 cheapest against Boro is daylight robbery and a shocking example of how out of touch the board is from football. Eggert was guilty of alot of things, namely signing overpriced players on inflated wages and raising the fans expectation levels and hopes but at least you knew he was a football man doing his genuine best for the club.

My head still thinks we'll get battered, that they'll be fired up for it and destroy us. After tonight though my hearts feeling a 1-0 and one of the kids to get the winner. West Ham should come with a health warning!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thcj)
    Have to agree with you on everything really! I think Tomkins is going to develop into a top player. And Noble hasn't been good enough this season to be able to move to a bigger team. I want Sears to make it so much but don't really hold out much hope, he needs to go out on loan and build up some strength!

Where do you sit at UP?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree with you on everything really! I think Tomkins is going to develop into a top player. And Noble hasn't been good enough this season to be able to move to a bigger team. I want Sears to make it so much but don't really hold out much hope, he needs to go out on loan and build up some strength!

Where do you sit at UP?
    im in the DM upper, kind of near the top right corner of the stand. Had a seat there since our first year in div1 and ive ingeniously managed to get an offer from a london uni so i can still go every week :p:

how about you - where abouts do you sit?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Send Sears down to Charlton on loan for a season as part of a deal to get Shelvey off them. He looks a top prospect!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thcj)
    im in the DM upper, kind of near the top right corner of the stand. Had a seat there since our first year in div1 and ive ingeniously managed to get an offer from a london uni so i can still go every week :p:

how about you - where abouts do you sit?
    I sit in the BML :yes: . I go to a UCL too so it's easy for me to go every week! I don't like the view in the BML though, even with my glasses on I can never see what's happening down the other end, would rather be looking on from the side then behind the goal. Unfortunately I go with my dad/brother and they like the view and don't want to move!

Which Uni is that offer from?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait to beat you lot on Saturday.

KTBFFH.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Cant wait to beat you lot on Saturday.

KTBFFH.
    So when did you stop supporting United? Was it when Abramovich joined or when Mourinho won the league?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So when did you stop supporting United? Was it when Abramovich joined or when Mourinho won the league?
    Come again mate.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.