The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
Sit your exam first and see how you do. You shouldn't approach the exam with thise negative attitude.
Reply 3
adhesive
Sit your exam first and see how you do. You shouldn't approach the exam with thise negative attitude.

I just did 2 past papers and I got Cs both times, about 12% off an A, so i'm trying to be realistic atm.
Reply 4
SiobhanSays
I just did 2 past papers and I got Cs both times, about 12% off an A, so i'm trying to be realistic atm.

Just try your best and good luck.
Reply 5
adhesive
Just try your best and good luck.

Thank-you =]
Reply 6
if you get a C in january surely you could do a resit in the summer if you're really that upset with it?
good luck tomorrow anyway and think positive, you never know! :biggrin:
Yeah, it's realistic, and if the worst comes to the worst, there are always re-sits! :smile:
Don't think of the bad aspects though! Go in confident, instead of all nervous that you're going to do bad, and it'll seem better than if you were all nervous :smile:
I'm praying for a C tomorrow :rofl:
Reply 9
Just remember to read the question carefully, underline keywords if you have to. Spend an hour or so tonight looking at mark schemes from previous years to find out what key words the examiner is looking for. Also, don't hesitate when answering the question, just take your time, I remember when I sat my biology paper for a-levels, I have more than enough time. Like I said in a previous post, all you can do is go in the exam room with a positive mind and just try your hardest.
Definatly If you score high enough in the others or resist.
For example because of my really good/fluky maths AS I will only need Cs at A2 to get my A.
Reply 11
adhesive
Just remember to read the question carefully, underline keywords if you have to. Spend an hour or so tonight looking at mark schemes from previous years to find out what key words the examiner is looking for. Also, don't hesitate when answering the question, just take your time, I remember when I sat my biology paper for a-levels, I have more than enough time. Like I said in a previous post, all you can do is go in the exam room with a positive mind and just try your hardest.

Thats really good advice, it really is the wording of the questions that make it so hard i think, how did you find bio?
Reply 12
No you couldn't. Failure.
Reply 13
SiobhanSays
Thats really good advice, it really is the wording of the questions that make it so hard i think, how did you find bio?

I found biology alright, although i didn't do aswell as i could have. i got into uni which is the most important thing. i'm studying biomedical science at the moment.
Is it the SNAB course by any chance?
you probably won't be alone in failing :no:
Reply 15
SiobhanSays

I got no higher then 20% of an A for one unit of Economics last year, and I still got an A for that unit. Just go in and think positive. Each exam is different with different questions, don't think about the mocks... they don't matter. Don't go in feeling negative because you'll actually do worse. Just know you can't do any better then you are going to do. :smile:
Reply 16
thepiglette
Is it the SNAB course by any chance?
you probably won't be alone in failing :no:

I'm not sure what that is? Its AQA unit 1?
I know I am going to fail tomorrow. Just need to scrape an E so I can still stay on the course and do a resit
SiobhanSays
I'm not sure what that is? Its AQA unit 1?

Ah right, SNAB is an Edexcel course, I've got a retake in it tomorrow D: good luck!

Latest