The Student Room Group

Thinking about uni ?

Just recently i've found myself really thinking about going to uni the only problem is im not the most brilliant student, the only subject im really good at is business studies. Do you have to be a complete brainbox the get into a unversity or do you just need good references?
Also would i need a large amount of UCAS points to get onto a course like business management or marketing management?

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
If you go to a university such as De Montfort you'll only need 240 Ucas points.. but if you can do better then I would strongly advise you do so..
Reply 3
look on the UCAS website course listings, they show requirements, and the universities' individual websites too.
Reply 4
Well are you doing A levels? cos most unis want A levels not a BTECH

The top unis will want great GCSES, ASs and A levels, in traditional subjects - and business studies doesn't count as a traditional subject.

However, that doesn't mean jack :smile:
it really depends on what uni you apply to - nowadays pretty much anybody can go to uni. you need good references, a good personal statement and above all, to show enthusiasma and potential in an interview.

Where do you want to go? just look at unis entrance reqs for your chosen course to help with the points thing

good luck :smile:
Reply 5
I was thinking of either southhampton or wolverhampton. And im currently doing a two year applied As business course
Reply 6
Southampton you will need at least 300 tariff points. Which is BBB. Even that is a bit too low for southampton. However there are many other good business studies unis as well. But i strongly suggest you try to get at least ABB grades in your a levels if you are thinking of applying to places like southampton.
Reply 7
Business studies is offered by quite a lot of universities I think. For somewhere like Southampton Tarrow is right, you will need A's and B's but loads others will take less. My friend is at Bournemouth for example, with grades like BCE or something, but as she isn't that academic she is doing it with a year on placement as well. Definately check a number of universities as there certainly will be some you can get in to providing to get your A levels or enough UCAS points or similar qualifications...
Reply 8
What year are you in? If you are in your last year of college or sixth form, it may be a bit too late to make a whole UCAS application, you have 8 days left :p: Though if you are in your first year now would be a great time to start thinking about universities, as many open days are between April - September so you can start planning to go to them if you wish

Latest

Trending

Trending