The Student Room Group

Waiting Patiently for University Offers!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys

I have been reading through a lot of the threads lately and it’s mainly around people’s anxieties about not receiving their offers yet from their chosen universities. I have noticed that is happens when your friends receive an offer and you don’t, your mind begins to wonder what’s happening, “how come he/she got an offer and I don’t”. As a result habits start to occur for instance checking the UCAS track account about a million times a day, to see if it’s changed.

You have to remember that the admissions offices receive thousands of applications which they have to process carefully one by one, because you haven’t heard from them straight away doesn’t mean that they have forgotten you. Everything is a process, the deadline date is not until the 15th January, and so have a little patience.

So, all you anxiety anxious folk that out there, and you know who you are, there is nothing more that we can do but wait, it is out of our hands now.

Patience is the ability to wait for the fruition of our goals.
Best of luck.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

good advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good post :biggrin: Calming to us all!
Reply 3
i am exactly in this situation :smile:
Reply 4
I Want Kings Colllege!!
mullings1
Hey Guys

I have been reading through a lot of the threads lately and it’s mainly around people’s anxieties about not receiving their offers yet from their chosen universities. I have noticed that is happens when your friends receive an offer and you don’t, your mind begins to wonder what’s happening, “how come he/she got an offer and I don’t”. As a result habits start to occur for instance checking the UCAS track account about a million times a day, to see if it’s changed.

This drives me insane :shifty: :p:
Reply 6
HAHA, thats true
i only started to check recently cus my friend got an offer and we sent it at the same time...

but i think it also depends which course u are doing, cus each department looks at ur personaly statement and ur reference, and they are the on who decide... so some departments are lazier than others? you know what i mean =)

gd luck every1!
i want an offer asap to motivate me further for my exams!!!
Reply 8
I don't even care about the unis I have left now

Yayyyyyyy!!!!

Edinburgh here I comeeee

But yeah, I think at this stage the unis are waiting to give offers out after the deadline so everyone who applys has a fair chance
Reply 9
gmbradley2
I Want Kings Colllege!!

me too, me too :frown:
just as we speak i got a conditional offer from kingston uni for business management BBC lol just want brunel nowww!!
I want QMUL. The bastaards are taking their time :frown:
Thanks for the encouraging post :smile: Rep for you :biggrin:
footballcrazy12
just as we speak i got a conditional offer from kingston uni for business management BBC lol just want brunel nowww!!

congrats to you. And i'm certain you'll get into Brunel, my friend applied for the same course but with lower grades and she got in, so yor bound to! x
Reply 14
I'm simply bored for waiting for my last uni to reapply, so I don't bother checking track no more. :colone:
Cool, good advice OP.
I'm not too bothered now, though. I have 2 offers that I'd happily take (see sig)... I just want to know what Edinburgh and UWE say now, it's not like it's be problematic if they rejected me. :smile:
Reply 16
I'm waiting on invitations for interviews. So even after I get that I won't be getting any definitive answers for a long time. I envy those who go through UCAS and can track, and know they are most likely to just get a conditional offer. I wish I could do that.
Millmill

I know the feeling ..its sucks!!

what are you applying for??

:biggrin:
Millmill

me three :frown:
None of my medicine applications have responded with an interview offer which is ok in itself, but a friend also going for medicine put down dentistry as his back up and got an interview with kings college, even though he made no mention of having the faintest interest in dentistry in his personal statement.

While he is getting these interview offers and I'm not, I'm starting to get a bit nervous!

Latest

Trending

Trending