The Student Room Group

York Interview

Im going for an interview in York on Saturday for computer science.

Just read that they get 13 applications per place! eek!

Anyone had a York interview? What kinda stuff they ask you? I thought it was gonna be a fairly informal interview, but if they get 13 applications/place i have a feeling it will be quite formal.

Can anyone recommend anything i should read to prepare? Both for this interview and any other compsci interviews.

thanks
-oli
Reply 1
Oli
OP
Anyone had an interview at York at all? Even not for compsci?
Reply 2
I've got an interview for CompSci at york on the 22nd Nov (a saturday). According to the letter they sent its a formal interview with open day.
You will probably be interviewed by Dr Tim Kelly, he is a friendly young looking doctor, by that i mean he is not the old professor looking doctor, he wont intimidate you or ask you hard questions probably just tipical logic questions, he will ask you the cliché questions like in all interviews to why you chose york and so on.

His main interest is critical systems, so research and learn about it and impress him that you have an interest in such things. Remember just studying hard is not enough as its a high ranking university and you will be asked if you do extra curriculum activities and your interests in computer science.

good luck.
Reply 4
Thanks for the info. I think I can remember Dr Time Kelly from the open day I attended in the summer - does he have a lisp at all?

Latest