The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A - G481 Mechanics - [13/01/09][@1400]

Scroll to see replies

Poshtotty
For the question where you had to draw on arrow. I drew one downwards. Is that right?

Yep cause the horizontal doesn't change if you're ignoring air resistance
annaroberts20
Yep cause the horizontal doesn't change if you're ignoring air resistance

I'm so glad. I orginally drew a horizontal arrow because I panicked. But then i saw sense, rubbed it out, and drew a downwards arrow. :biggrin:
This exam was remarkably easy, in my opinion. I've sat 4 exams this month (physics, chem, critical thinking, and D1), and this was the easiest by a long way.
AnythingButChardonnay
Yis. Did you label it A?

I think so. :s-smilie:
tommm
This exam was remarkably easy, in my opinion. I've sat 4 exams this month (physics, chem, critical thinking, and D1), and this was the easiest by a long way.

I agree that it was easy but I felt that I was really rushed for time so I didn't do as well.
Reply 465
dave2k
Trilateration??
I've never heard of that, in school, or in our textbooks. The efficiency and Galiello stuff is in there and have learnt it but not the former...

I don't think there is going to be much of that stuff in there tbh, they even state on their specification that hardly anything has changed, only the whole structure of the course is a lot more compressed and organized than before..

Also the the stuff that you listed is more of the trickier parts of physics, and I don't reckon this test will be overly hard because its the 1st exam of a new syllabus..

You doubted me at the time! It came up and i probably aced that question, i hope everyone on this Thread did as well

On that note:

As this thread went on to be very useful around G481 exam time, i've made a new G482 thread outlining the New things in the spec and just general discussion about the exam : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=890605
Reply 466
Hey Neo do u have any revision note on G481 like the ones you had for G482..?
Reply 467
A boy in my year came in the top 5 a-level physicists in the country, and he found the g481 on Friday hard, which is reassuring!
Reply 468
So for a [4mark] Question to explain how GPS work via Trilateration, what/where will I get the for marks? I'm resisting the exam and I'd just like 4 or 5 bullet points to work on but all I seem to do I write paragraphs about it? (OCR Syllabus)
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for this? Just done it.
Original post by AshJam
So for a [4mark] Question to explain how GPS work via Trilateration, what/where will I get the for marks? I'm resisting the exam and I'd just like 4 or 5 bullet points to work on but all I seem to do I write paragraphs about it? (OCR Syllabus)

Satellites transmit radio/microwave signals

There is a time delay of signal from satellite to GPS unit

GPS device calculates the distance to satellite by using ''delay time' x 'c'

Trilateration of three signals used to find position

Based on markscheme from Jan 2013

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending