The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i like mixed guys, anything tanned is sexy xx
Reply 41
cowsgoquack
what has hate got to do with anything :s-smilie:. yes i think it does make you racist. you're making a decision based purely on somones race, thats racism

nah, theres a difference between preference and prejudice =)
Reply 42
cowsgoquack
You do have something against them - you dont find them attractive :s-smilie:

LOL. So if I'm not attracted to ugly people does this make me prejudiced towards ugly people? If not in skin colour, am I not allowed a preference in eye colour or hair colour either? What about height, is it prejudiced of me to not find 7' tall women attractive? All of these are analagous genetic physical traits, no different to skin colour. Do I have to find EVERYONE attractive in order to not be discriminatory?

Racism is an irrational and unfair prejudice against people with a certain skin colour or genetic heritage. Sexual attraction don't come into it.
Reply 43
La Esmerelda
But they all fall under the race of Asian. If we distinguished between the different types of asian then we would have to distinguish between the other types of races and thats just too complicated.

as i mentioned above your post
Reply 44
Being attracted to or put off by a certain skin colour is not racist at all

I don't like pale white girls

Neither is prefering a certain race.

Hol tyt the ladies who love it mixed

We love you too xx
Y__
Well, I guess I'm a sexist then because I wouldn't consider a relationship with other men.

yup
SmokeZ
Being attracted to or put off by a certain skin colour is not racist at all

I don't like pale white girls

they arent a race :s-smilie:
albino then it's like a lucky dip when the child comes out and you finally figure out what you got
Planto
LOL. So if I'm not attracted to ugly people does this make me prejudiced towards ugly people? If not in skin colour, am I not allowed a preference in eye colour or hair colour either? What about height, is it prejudiced of me to not find 7' tall women attractive? All of these are analagous genetic physical traits, no different to skin colour. Do I have to find EVERYONE attractive in order to not be discriminatory?

Racism is an irrational and unfair prejudice against people with a certain skin colour or genetic heritage. Sexual attraction don't come into it.

of course it makes you prejudiced to ugly people. you can make judgements based on whatever you like, there is nothing wrong with makeing discriminations :s-smilie:

how is a lack of sexual attraction in some people not irrational, what is the rationalisation that justifies it?
Tut.exe
nah, theres a difference between preference and prejudice =)

what difference?
Reply 50
cowsgoquack
they arent a race :s-smilie:

That part was reffering to the people who said they don't like/like dark skin people

Read the rest init
Ermm, nar not white.
Black or mixed race guys; bumm(Y)
Lol :smile:
:yep:
akagwu8
not to cause racial tension.
really an truly im a black guy and just wana know which ladies dig that or dont mind them.
im not typical though, in some senses yes and some no.
anyway, vote :biggrin:

edit: changed question- what ethnic origin/race of boys do you date?
this is different as my other was about preference and this one is more of what are your options rather than your preferred option.

Are you from or have background to Nigeria or Ghana?
I chose white.
Reply 55
cowsgoquack
of course it makes you prejudiced to ugly people. you can make judgements based on whatever you like, there is nothing wrong with makeing discriminations :s-smilie:

how is a lack of sexual attraction in some people not irrational, what is the rationalisation that justifies it?

Um, the fact that I find fair skin attractive? Are you actually a moron? I have nothing against black people. I have black friends. I am not in any way racist, I am just not physically attracted to dark skin.

Racism is a negative term that implies some kind of derogatory feeling toward people of a certain race. I do not hold any such feelings. I merely find fairer skin more attractive. This does not imply racism. It is no different to prefering someone with brown hair, or someone with blue eyes. I have no belief that a person of one race is intrinsically superior to a person of another, much like I do not automatically feel that people with blue eyes are inferior to those with brown. It is an aesthetic distinction, specific to me and in no way affects the way in which I view anyone's value as a person.

I think there would have to be something genuinely wrong with your brain for you to fail to see this.
Reply 56
QuantumTheory
Asian's a pretty massive race. From Middle Eastern, to Indian, to Chinese and Japanese.

Fail Poll.

ok, so let me just put every bleeding country in the world then!
come on, use your brain...
breaking things down would mean there would be no point
for example there is a difference in black people eg. somalian to ghanian or nigerian. somalians look totally different but i don't see you complaining!
trying to make me stupid over the internet is fail as the only thing that matters is face to face in this world.
insult my efforts but as long as you don't make one you make yourself look worse.
sorry for the rant but come on... why?
WoWZa
Wtf? =/

care to elucidate?
asian!
Reply 59
french! nah, i'd say any, i guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending