The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah! no offense, but i find the people who go are generally boring, haha! id rather go to a uni where people arent all workaholics.
A boy from my college once chose Imperial over Cambridge but I can't remember the exact reason, something about the course (some kind of engineering) and how he thought it was better to be at Imperial.
Reply 22
Yeahhh why not...
Although I'm not sure I'd bother applying in the first place!
Maybe if I got into a good conservatoire.
Yes. I was considering Southampton over Cambridge for Computer Science for so many independant reasons. I would've been deprived of the more-reputed degree, but if I'm studying somewhere for 3-4 years, I want it to be exactly as I want it.
I did. More to try and prove a friend wrong than any real preference over universities.
Reply 26
I'd turn down an offer for a subject I didn't want to study.

super-emily
a guy at my school just rejected Oxford for maths because he didn't get Keble College he got Oriel...he must be crazy!!!

He is.
Reply 27
Tyraell
You'd turn down an Eng. lit./ med offer from Oxford or from any university? :confused:

Any university :yep: Does that defeat the point of the question?
Reply 28
I would - I didn't apply as I don't think I would suit Oxbridge, and don't think Oxbridge would suit me.

One of my brother's friends got an offer for Medicine at Oxford and turned it down for Newcastle. It's personal choice. She couldn't be happier in Newcastle.
Reply 29
2 people in my year rejected Oxford (one for engineering at Imperial and the other rejected PPE for something at LSE). Me? Hell no if I had a maths offer.
Reply 30
zzzzzoe
yeah! no offense, but i find the people who go are generally boring, haha! id rather go to a uni where people arent all workaholics.

Pft- things would be soooo much easier if I was a workaholic.
yes, altho i mite say diff if it came too it ^^
yep... not if its the same subject tho! if one university is medicine and the other is a subject i am not currently interested in, i would choose the university that gave me a place for medicine - whether it be oxbridge or not
I will put it as my insurance if I get an offer from Durham.
If I had an offer from LSE, UCL, or Kings, for the same subject. Or ICL, but I don't do science/maths :tongue:
yer, if i thought id have a better time somewhere else
If I got accepted I would have been kinda stuck because I REALLY didn't want to go there after my interview visit. I just didn't like it half as much as I thought I would. So yeah, I wouldn't take it just cos its Oxbridge.
Reply 37
Of course.
Reply 38
I'm one of those people who probably would accept if I got in, just because it was Oxbridge, then hate it once I got there.

But I think if they contacted me out of the blue telling me they wanted me there 'cause they heard I'm so good, I'd refuse.
nothingspek
I will put it as my insurance if I get an offer from Durham.

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!! If you don't want it, I'll have it...:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending