Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The age of consent in Spain is 13

Announcements Posted on
Make a difference in the community and greet new people - join the Welcome Squad! 22-10-2014
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how does this make you feel?

lol moved to chat ":rolleyes:"

guaranteed it wouldn't have happened if somebody else had made this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How's their teen pregnancy rate compared to ours?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indifferent
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get in there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? Perhaps they believe children are capable of making decisions younger than we do, I don't really see a problem here.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Horny.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Significant number of countries with the age of consent as 14.. went through wiki and it actually surprised me!
    Guess i always assumed most countries would be 16?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I was ready to decide at that age.
    Also, the age of consent being that low probably means that girls are treated in a more mature way from a younger age, thus enabling them to make mature decisions.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unsuprised...
    We have one of the highest ages of consent in Europe.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pedobear Heaven
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll find it makes zero difference anyway. If you wanted a shag at 13 I'm fairly sure the last thing you'd think about is the fact that it's irregal. In fact you probably thought the opposite, 'Yas, risk-ay!'

You'll find the majority of Spanish kids are brought up better than us anyway, haha. It's a culture thing.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading somewhere [no source so I'm not actually sure - it might have been bliss or something when I was like 15 ] but there are actually less teenage pregnancies in some European countries [I think Holland was one of them not sure though] where the age of consent is lower than what it is here. Apparently they have really good sex ed and stuff there? But like I said, I just remembered reading it and I remembered being a bit surprised it was lower in other countries. Just because it's lower doesn't mean people actually have sex. But yeah, there's my input Sorry if I'm wrong! :o:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think i know where i will be going on holiday to this year. Watch out cute Spanish lads because here i come (literally).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    *Books ticket*

:ninja:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guess im gonna head over there and find me some 13 year olds mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it in Spain's culture, and if you read it, it says "However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1)".

Different country, different rules and ideas.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Say goodbye to Jailbait and hello to bait
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I know where I'll be raising my kids :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chase Me)
    You'll find it makes zero difference anyway. If you wanted a shag at 13 I'm fairly sure the last thing you'd think about is the fact that it's irregal. In fact you probably thought the opposite, 'Yas, risk-ay!'

You'll find the majority of Spanish kids are brought up better than us anyway, haha. It's a culture thing.
    if you wanted "a shag" with somebody of your age the law would hardly be enforced, the main point of it is that it stops an adult having sex with you.

and i agree with what you've said about culture, that's the reason for higher teenage pregnancies etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there teen pregnancy rate is much lower as is their sti/std rate

HOWEVER if anyone under 16's parents feel their child was misled, tricked, paid etc into having sex they can take the other person to court on their childs behalf.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 8, 2009
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.