The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Information Systems @ MMU

Does anyone currently do this course/are applying to do it for '09?

i have some questions :smile:

if you are currently doing the course:
*How hard is the course?
*What is it exactly what you do in the course
*What are the choices you can make, it mentioned you can basically tailor the course to suit your career plans, like i want to do the networking module.
....and anymore information you could provide would you awesome :biggrin:

if you are applying for 09, what made you decide this course etc? what are your career aspirations for taking this course?

thanks, although i doubt many people will be taking this course/ or reply

Thanks if you do :biggrin:
Reply 1
It's all a common first year for computing courses, you only start with the course proper in the second year. The parts that have been covered so far in the first year have been sleep enducingly boring and I have sometimes got up and thought "do I really want to go to IS this morning?" and then gone back to sleep. It was like Christmas had come early when the fire alarm went off during an IS lecture in November. It's mainly been business stuff and databases so far.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Oh man, information systems lectures/tutorials were being attended by like 5 people by the end of the year, and as Rob500 says.. when that fire alarm went off i think everyone smiled inside.. it's one of the less enjoyable units by far.

Just to add, all the courses have a common first year so no matter which you choose you will be doing the same units as everyone else. This means after your first year if there is a course in particular you wanted to do instead you can change to it.
Reply 3
Hi... I've got my offer for Information systems. I picked it because I really liked the course description from the website. Although I am pleased that there will be the option to change at the end of first year!

Latest

Trending

Trending