The Student Room Group

Reporting the results of a Multiple Regression Test

Hi,

Are there any psychology students out there who can help clarify what exactly should be reported in the results section of a report after running a multiple regression test?

So far I've come up with these values and I'd like to know if I ought to report descriptives as well.. I'm a tad confused:

adjusted r square value
standard error
F value
Significance
Beta coefficient

I'd be very grateful if anyone could offer advice on whether I ought to report values in a table or display a graph.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I haven't done stats with multiple variables yet, but when I get stuck on what values to report I usually go to a psychology database or journal and look for studies that have used the same method, to see what authors choose to report. I recommend looking at several articles, because sometimes results are omitted - either by unfortunate basis or redundancy (due to insignificant findings, etc.). Probably nothing can go wrong if the studies are published in an APA journal or respected neuroscience journal. If you're uncertain about the source, just check out the "impact factor" of psychology journals and find a suiting one :wink:

Learn from the pros.

I hope this helps!
/Max

Latest