The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fandellos
i think at this stage in the game, most people are well aware of the whole animal testing debate.

From this one thread I have learnt that some of the products my parents buy are tested on animals. You've learnt which companies don't. Just because people know of the debate doesn't mean they know any actual information.
Reply 61
No life is worthless,a life is a life,rats existed on earth before humans.
I think its time you let go of your miss-guided morals and opened you eyes. Between the species of this planet all life is not equal. If it was there would be no predators or prey, the powerful overcome the weak. We are the powerful; rats are the weak as are all animals. We are the dominant species and we can do whatever we like.
Reply 62
For those stating people should "buy Lush products", Lush have been known to use their profits to fund violent protests.
Reply 63
nolongerhearthemusic
From this one thread I have learnt that some of the products my parents buy are tested on animals. You've learnt which companies don't. Just because people know of the debate doesn't mean they know any actual information.

And what? What are you going to do? Be a teen rebel and smash da products? lol. :rolleyes:
Litotes
And what? What are you going to do? Be a teen rebel and smash da products? lol. :rolleyes:

I'm going to make sure to buy products which aren't tested on animals when I'm paying for them myself.
there are a LOT of high street brands that are tested on animals... even if you try and make an effort and buy from the likes of the Body Shop, they are owned by major-testing L'Oreal. Ive come to the point at which I avoid any large brand name, and anything under the Unilever umbrealla.. even companies like Boots and Tesco say none of their own brand products are tested on animals... but they all contain ingredients that have been.

Now I only ever buy soaps and stuff from Lush or Yaoh, or equally clean sources. Same goes for all shampoo, toothpaste, moisturiser, deodorant, home cleaning products etc etc.

And yes.. I hope to be at the march.. we'll probably be doing the mobile vegan samosa and cake service again.
Reply 66
nolongerhearthemusic
I'm going to make sure to buy products which aren't tested on animals when I'm paying for them myself.

Why?
Litotes
Why?

Because I don't want my money to go to those companies?
Reply 68
www.pro-test.co.uk

if anyone's interested in the debate and wants to hear about the other side of it!
Litotes
For those stating people should "buy Lush products", Lush have been known to use their profits to fund violent protests.

Nothing necessarily wrong with violence for a good cause.
Reply 70
Nothing necessarily wrong with violence for a good cause.
Animal Rights is not a good cause, and what about the Human right to live in peace.
sophie..
www.pro-test.co.uk

if anyone's interested in the debate and wants to hear about the other side of it!

Your link isn't working :frown:
Reply 72
Surely they're just basically shampooing them? If I were a rat, I'd be quite happy to get a free fur-wash.
In all seriousness though, do you really think they'd do it if there was an alternative?
Targeting one company isn't going to achieve anything. Campaign against the government to get the law changed, not individual companies to stop doing something that is perfectly legal and highly regulated.
Pshhhh. Lazy bloody animal rights campaigners - scared of a big challenge so they resort to petty crimes - do you remember when a load of them graverobbed and stole the grandmother of someone who was a worker at a farm that bred hamsters or something? **** them - target the government, not innocent people. Animal rights are important, yes, but respecting people comes first. Whilst pensioners die each year because they can't afford to heat their homes, it's unrealistic and frankly ridiculous to expect people to be concerned about rats getting a wash.
kookoo_koochoo
.. when did she say she doesn't care about those things?

I never insinuated that she didn't.
Reply 74
bansheeee*
people starving in the world has absolutely nothing to do with animal testing. Just because people are supporting one cause doesn't mean another has to suffer.

Go yell about the poor rats all you want, I don't care. I'm more worried about human lives, personally, but I digress. :rolleyes:
Renner
Animal Rights is not a good cause,

Bull. Show me one objective a priori argument for humans being more worthy of rights than any other animal.

Renner
and what about the Human right to live in peace.

What about a rapist or murderer's right to live in peace? Should we not use violence if necessary to oppose them?
Reply 76
nolongerhearthemusic
Your link isn't working :frown:

oh...hmmmm I'm not sure why
http://www.pro-test.org.uk/
does that work? if not google it instead
sophie..
oh...hmmmm I'm not sure why
http://www.pro-test.org.uk/
does that work? if not google it instead

Yep, that works.

Edit: Ah, it's that Oxford-based group. I've seen them around... (live near Oxford).
Reply 78
Bull. Show me one objective a priori argument for humans being more worthy of rights than any other animal.
Well our entire civilization for a start, animals are a simple commodity for us to do with as we please.

What about a rapist or murderer's right to live in peace? Should we not use violence if necessary to oppose them?
Different argument, they are violating human rights in what they are doing.
Reply 79
I dont care about rats we have the power over them not the other way round thats how the world was created and having a parade ent going to do jack **** will just be a good excuse for people to come and laugh at you. What will they be parading against next stop breathing society whats the world coming to I am still pissed off that they banned fox hunting its not as good just chasing after a scented sack its more rewarding when you get an actual fox. Britain will have no traditions left the way we are going

Latest

Trending

Trending