Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skincare Recommendations?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Okay...here's the deal...I'm going to try and clean up my act a bit when I head back to uni and one thing I really need to tackle is the way I treat my skin. At the moment it's okay but not brilliant.

I get quite a few little teeny weeny spots on my chin and the pores on my nose are quite obvious.

Sometimes I get the odd breakout of 2 or 3 spots ( usually before my period ) but apart from that I don't have a huge problem with them.

My cheeks have dry(ish) skin but my forehead, nose and chin get quite greasy sometimes so I guess that means I have combination skin.

At the moment I just use facewipes to cleanse and remove my makeup. I also have a facial scrub that I use once a week(ish) and nose strips that I've just started using. I also use a light moisturiser.

Basically I want to know if any of you guys out there can recommend really nice products for combination skin; I'm talking cleanser, toner, mosituriser, face masks, facial scrubs and anything else you can think of.

I'm not on a realllllly tight budget but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Cheers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I look boots No7 time delay moisturising day cream. Its absorbed so easily that it doesnt make greasy skin any greasier, but does moisturise dry spots. It also makes it really easy to apply foundation afterwards
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    baby wipes and vaseline intensive rescue for very dry skin. morning and evening and thats it.

amazing results with my eczema
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you already use too many stuff. Good skincare is not about using all kind of stuff that's available. I have great skin and everyone says they want my skin ask me what I use. But I actually use is the most simple moisturiser and every night use a make up remover (L'Oreal - it's not expensive) My advise is to go to pharmacy and ask for a moisturiser with zink It's really makes your skin a lot healthier
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like Lush Ultrabland as a gentle cleanser that also prevents spots and makes the face soft without being drying. I like the Olay multiradiance light moisturiser as it's moist without being heavy and has a SPF 15 which is pretty important for day to day wear.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neutrogena Visibly Clear range is quite good, nice and cheap to.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 10, 2009
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.