The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
isawsparks89
Innocent until proven guilty, hence the word "accused"?

Exactly. Its crap that just because someone is accused and questioned, people assume they did it and start abusing them and ruining them. Not everyone accused for something has been guilty, you know. If he did it, then throw away the key of course. But until then, relax.
Tom1390
The death sentence :smile: Without a doubt, and to any guy who is apathetic about this

Seeing as we can't impose it, if you gave him the death sentence he would walk away scott free.

Aren't we lucky you're not a judge.
Reply 22
Jarve99
Exactly. Its crap that just because someone is accused and questioned, people assume they did it and start abusing them and ruining them. Not everyone accused for something has been guilty, you know. If he did it, then throw away the key of course. But until then, relax.

thats why there should be anonymity for anyone accused of a crime
Reply 23
tom//
youd sentence someone whos not even been found guilty to a death sentence?

Absolutely!

Rape is frighteningly easy for men to get away with, hardly any rapists are convicted after trial :s-smilie:
Who would walk down any road called 'Tomb Street' anyway? It'd be like boating down 'Pirate Alley' in Somalia... :s-smilie:
Christian_j
Who would walk down any road called 'Tomb Street' anyway? It'd be like boating down 'Pirate Alley' in Somalia... :s-smilie:

Well tomb suggests death, this is only rape, so really it would be like walking down 'Pirate Alley of Torture and Death' and only being pirated, with maybe a finger being cut off for good measure.
DaveParlour
Well tomb suggests death, this is only rape, so really it would be like walking down 'Pirate Alley of Torture and Death' and only being pirated, with maybe a finger being cut off for good measure.

lmao
Reply 27
DaveParlour
You seem to know alot about getting away with rape. :ninja:

I did law A level, And many friends are feminist, i've been to a few feminist discussion groups where this all comes up
Reply 28
Tom1390
It did :frown: owwwww

And yes it's easy - just as easy as it would be to rape and get away with it.
the latter happens more often

says you.
Reply 29
Tom1390
I did law A level, And many friends are feminist, i've been to a few feminist discussion groups where this all comes up

you think feminists are the most reliable source for information on rape? :rofl2:
Reply 30
tom//
you think feminists are the most reliable source for information on rape? :rofl2:

There's no way of manipulating solid facts, is there? :smile:
Reply 31
DaveParlour
So knowledge of how to get around the law and plenty of oppurtunity.

I call rapist!

Hey, if you're going to condemn the accused and any sympathisers to death, I can pass an ignorant judgement on you right?

I think someone needs to go to bed!
Reply 32
Tom1390
There's no way of manipulating solid facts, is there? :smile:

whos to say theyre solid facts in the first place?
Tom1390
I think someone needs to go to bed!

I think you need to learn your lesson.
Reply 34
tom//
whos to say theyre solid facts in the first place?

from the misogyny bureau?

They don't change the figures, they only talk about them more than people would like to hear.
Reply 35
DaveParlour
I think you need to learn your lesson.

Great.
Reply 36
Tom1390, how the hell can you wish death upon someone who is simply accused? People can be acused of things just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it doesn't mean the person commited said crime.

Tom1390, you're at a party, try it on with some girl and she declines. You walk away, like you should. The next day she can't remember that much, but tells everyone you raped her. It's all over the papers. Everyones calling you a rapist saddo who should be shot.

I know damn well, that you would feel it to be unfair and wouldn't hold the same view you hold now.

edit: Btw, i'm in no way defending him if he did rape her, I think he deserves to die. But if he didn't, I feel for the guy.
Glutamic Acid
"Accused". Let's not be too hasty to pass judgement.

I agree. I'll have something to say when 'Man Has Been Proven Guilty'.
Tom1390
Great.

Just in case you missed it i'll break it down for you.

Don't pass ignorant judgements on people before you know the full details.
Reply 39
Jarve99
Tom1390, how the hell can you wish death upon someone who is simply accused? People can be acused of things just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it doesn't mean the person commited said crime.

Tom1390, you're at a party, try it on with some girl and she declines. You walk away, like you should. The next day she can't remember that much, but tells everyone you raped her. It's all over the papers. Everyones calling you a rapist saddo who should be shot.

I know damn well, that you would feel it to be unfair and wouldn't hold the same view you hold now.

edit: Btw, i'm in no way defending him if he did rape her, I think he deserves to die. But if he didn't, I feel for the guy.

The important fact here is that you wish rapists should die :s-smilie:

I agree with you - but just believe not enough rapists are convicted, thus accused should die.

Latest

Trending

Trending