The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
DaveParlour
Just in case you missed it i'll break it down for you.

Don't pass ignorant judgements on people before you know the full details.

I'll break it down for you: don't make the entire point of this thread about men who are only accused. wanting rapists to have a death sentence of course only related to those who have raped.
Tom1390
There's no way of manipulating solid facts, is there? :smile:

Epic, prick type fail.
Tom1390
I'll break it down for you: don't make the entire point of this thread about men who are only accused. wanting rapists to have a death sentence of course only related to those who have raped.

But you also condemned any sympathisers to death.

but ok let's switch the argument back to the death sentence on rapists. What gives you the right to take someones life?
Tom1390
It did :frown: owwwww

And yes it's easy - just as easy as it would be to rape and get away with it.
the latter happens more often

If rape is easy to get away with, how would you know people are getting away with it at all?
Reply 44
Not an accused rapist - i hate them...........
Reply 45
Tom1390
Absolutely!

Rape is frighteningly easy for men to get away with, hardly any rapists are convicted after trial :s-smilie:

I'd axe him to peices if i could, although i know you boys woulda empathised - because you can forsee your farty old selves wanting to screw a 14yo so badly when you're older you'd reduce yourselves to rape.

You disgust me.
caroline147
:shifty:
Innocent until proven guilty.

Yup.
So? He hasn't been found guilty yet.
Reply 48
She was probably some wee school girl slag who led him on.

http://www3.u.tv/news/localNews/index.asp?sel=1&sel2=1&local=1&id=93255&pt=n
Reply 49
Jenny don't be hasty
Reply 50
Poor girl :frown:
And this is important news WHY?

I hate these threads about "Random person accused of rape/murder"

They only serve to make people angry and enraged, me included.
Reply 52
do we even know if she concented at the time (for as much as a 14 year old can consent)?
Reply 53
Your picture will be spit at!
Reply 54
Tom1390
The death sentence :smile: Without a doubt, and to any guy who is apathetic about this

No, sir, never.

Firstly, this gentleman is merely accused. There is, as of yet, no direct evidence, no proof in a court of law. For 'justice' to be carried out before that is merely the worst form of vigilantism and mob rule, and for you to advocate it is far more damaging to our society than any rapist. You are calling for the destruction of the very principles that we stand upon, for no reason more than your own thirst for blood. Despicable.

If he is convicted, then we can discuss the sentence. Again, death is never an appropriate sentence - justice should not serve the ends of vengeance or retribution, but rather of rehabilitation and protection. The purpose of our justice system is not to punish the evildoer, but to protect society from those who have harmed it, and to try and prevent them from doing so in the future.

Again, by calling for his death you reveal the brutality of your own morals. How can we possibly consider ourselves in a position to dispense justice if we willing to sink to the level of a criminal, how hypocritical of us is it to say "You have killed, so we shall kill"? That way lies retribution, vengeance, and blood feuds, all the things we should have outgrown as a society long ago.
Reply 55
Mush
Look who's been banned :smile: What a surprise.

Oh, dangit. I was hoping he would have stayed around long enough to notice my posts - that should have got him really worked up.
Reply 56
niyaaaah
only in ireland

Of course. Because the UK is known for it's lack of perverts.

Racist ******.
**** like this, and sadly **** far worse than this, happens all the time. Pointless thread. Neg rep
Reply 58
I got stalked by a 14 year old once. Hilarity ensued.
Reply 59
Couldn't this just be sex which she wanted but too young to give consent? I believe that should be punished less. However if he did rape her properly something like 20 years sounds fair.

Latest

Trending

Trending