The Student Room Group

Resitting and dates for UCAS - If sat 3 times, will thy only kno u resat it once?

So for example:

If you did an exam in last June 2008, did it in this jan 2009 and then will do it in this june 2009, will unis only know about you sitting it in June?

And also, if say the Jan mark was higher than the June 2009 mark, would unis know that you attempted to resit the exam?

And if the actual grade doesnt change, do they have to know that you resat it at all? Afterall, if you got an A, but bumped up your UMS, its not false information to say that you got an A in you June 2008 exam, when in fact you resat it in Jan 2009 and got a higher UMS - whats the UCAS policy?
Reply 1
Yeah, if this happened in your AS year, you are perfectly okay to say that you did the exam in June and not mention the Jan attempt.
If you're applying after A-Levels you can do the same.
But if you're in y13 and applying now, that presents more of a problem, as you'll have to tell them you're re-sitting.
Brouhaha
Yeah, if this happened in your AS year, you are perfectly okay to say that you did the exam in June and not mention the Jan attempt.
If you're applying after A-Levels you can do the same.
But if you're in y13 and applying now, that presents more of a problem, as you'll have to tell them you're re-sitting.

OMG really? you just made my day! i was scared Unis wont accept me because im resitting in june! and im in AS year! :smile:
Reply 3
Oh no it definitely doesn't matter in AS yr, unless you re-sit a whole year obv., in which case you'd have to explain that.
What happens is that your final grades in August get added up by the exam board and they take your best grade in each module :smile: Then you put that grade on your UCAS form. Good luck!