The Student Room Group

St.Dominics College Harrow

xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Answers
1) strenghts your faith, you feel much better (if you go for the right religion)
2) U non catholic and u going to a catholic school so u wont benefit much on the religious side
3) help younger students with the subjects u good at
What religion are you? And I would make a new thread without the schools name tbh, these questions are generic, loads of sixth forms will have them. Just make an ambigous thread title.
why would you want to go st dick and doms, its not all that
Reply 4
xx
Reply 5
Don't worry most students there are Hindu. If your grades are up to scratch you'' get in.
Reply 6
HAHA dont even bother applying........im a Christian Orthodox and i didnt get in whereas the Indian who was in the cue ahead of me was given a place.....anyways its not all that....well none of the colleges in Harrow are any good...
Reply 7
xx
Reply 8
Thankfully i have finished college and im in my second year of university........this was the day after results day.....so i already had my results.....and i had 6 b's and 1 A that should have gotten me in along with my Christianity......so yh if u r in the group which gets A and A* all year round then ur in but u ur nt chances are slim unless ur not christian lol.......i went to haydon the worst 2 years of my life.....
LOCI
Thankfully i have finished college and im in my second year of university........this was the day after results day.....so i already had my results.....and i had 6 b's and 1 A that should have gotten me in along with my Christianity......so yh if u r in the group which gets A and A* all year round then ur in but u ur nt chances are slim unless ur not christian lol.......i went to haydon the worst 2 years of my life.....

Really? i know someone who goes Whitmore Sixth Form, and she said there results for A-levels were higher than st. doms!
Reply 10
xx
Reply 11
St Doms AS Levels last year were MUCH BETTER compared to JOHN LYON school (a private fee paying school).
Reply 12
I was gonna apply for St Dominics in Harrow!!
But I forgot to send the form off..
they don't care about relgion btw.
grades mainly.
Reply 13
babycurlz
I'm applying to St.Dominics Sixth Form and need help with the religious reference form. I'm non-catholic and I would appreciate any contribution..the questions are as follows:
1) The importance of religious belief in my life
2) Reasons why I will benefit from a sixth form education in a Catholic Environment
3) Ways in which I can contribute to a Catholic Sixth Form College

Thanks (:

I know loads of people that go there. Just say your buddist... and that you can bring peace to a catholic ethos... they dont really look at you rel ref.. jus bluff it... good collage go there or w grammar.. I went Dc its was aite
Reply 14
130ss
I know loads of people that go there. Just say your buddist... and that you can bring peace to a catholic ethos... they dont really look at you rel ref.. jus bluff it... good collage go there or haydon

haydon is just full of white people.
I applied to St Doms last year, got rejected outright because I was only predicted 3 A*'s [which I didn't get, but thats beside the point] and wasn't Christian. From my experience if your not Christian are aren't predicted 7 A*+ you can forget it. They have already decided who to give places to before interview. I'm now at Hatch End High and suprisingly it really isn't that bad.
babycurlz

Serious? I did not know Whitmore was good, I have a few friends there and honestly their grades are appalling lol xD But St Doms is really good..which is why it's so hard 2 get it!

what year are your friends in lol?
Reply 17
xx
babycurlz
Oh I'm applying to Hatch End :smile: but it's one of the last schools on my list..which subjects are u studying there?
Yeh I'm not Christian so I'm slightly worried..and I don't think I'm gonna be predicted 7A*'s...just mainly A's and a few B's.
I'm putting it down as a first choice so hopefully they see that it's one of the main schools I'd like to go too =/

Lol they're mainly doing GCSEs, but I do know a guy who just left there and he did rubbish and is now going Harrow College =P

History, Psychology, Politics and I go to Nower Hill for R.E. Regarding Hatch End: the Psychology & Sociology & Geography departments are pants [through a mixture of personal experience and experience of friends]. And regarding St Doms, unfortunatley ranking st doms first on your harrow form will not do anything, because they wont even consider applications where the 1st choice is not st doms as they are seriously oversubscribed. Without meaning to upset you too much, I wouldn't count on the application, my predicted grades were better than yours and I got rejected because of them, so make sure you try and like whichever your highest ranked school is. Out of interest, which is it and where are you now?
I am a 2nd year at Dom's, to be honest if you are a non-catholic and you want to get in then you need REALLY good grades at GCSE, as for the religious reference answer the questions according to your own faith. They want to see that you have spritual awareness and a willingness to enter discussions about faith, so that other students can learn about yours and you theirs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending