The Student Room Group

When do unis see your Jan exam results?

Im retaking this January, 2 modules of an AS I dropped (hoping to get a higher overall AS grade) and I'm wondering when do unis see Jan exam results? If they see them before they make an offer surely it will affect their decision about whether to make an offer or not, especially as the AS I'm retaking is relevant to the degree subject I'm applying for?
Reply 1
Hi,
To be honest, would they even see the results before they make an offer? I thought most unis would give an offer before the results come out since they come out in March or so. It may depend on the Uni that you apply to though so check with them perhaps?

Best of luck with your offers,

:smile:
Reply 2
^ One of the unis i'm waiting on though is Bristol who are known to take long with offers especially with borderline candidates which I think I am.
Reply 3
Just wondering if anyone else has any information?
Reply 4
Well Jan results come out on 12/19th March, and basically every offer will be given out by then! So no, they won't know. As long as you indicted that you were re-sitting some modules, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 5
becky.fm
Well Jan results come out on 12/19th March, and basically every offer will be given out by then! So no, they won't know. As long as you indicted that you were re-sitting some modules, you'll be fine :smile:

Unis have until early May to give out offers. The 31 March date is only a suggested 'deadline' ucas gives.

How do you indicate that you are resitting some modules? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Toxic Tears
Unis have until early May to give out offers. The 31 March date is only a suggested 'deadline' ucas gives.

How do you indicate that you are resitting some modules? :s-smilie:

Yeah, but tbh, most offers are given out by then. Bristol sent me an email saying they will be giving out the majority of their offers between 22nd-30th January, so i doubt they will be waiting until May. Most likely the May deadline is for the majority of late entries.

Where you enter your AS/A Levels, in the individual modules, you put Pending as the grade. That kinda goes against UCAS' advice about adding another AS in, but i couldn't do that, because my school couldn't process it when it was like that. :dontknow:
Reply 7
So do unis get to see the candidates Jan exam results?

I'm still waiting for a reply, and was wondering if they are actually waiting to see my Jan retake results...
Reply 8
They get results in August including January ones and the ones you put as pending.

Latest

Trending

Trending