The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 1
Any uni that's based in a large city and is of a decent age (which Cardiff is) is at least a "solid" institution. It's a useful rule to go by.

But good at what? They excel in planning and journalism. A few other strengths and a wide range of good, solid departments.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I like it.

But like any uni; some departments arnt as good as others.
What subject??
Reply 3
i have an offer for law....
im probably going to apply as a safe option...

mainly because i like the place =]

errm... its ok i think.
It's good, otherwise why would so many people apply?

If you have an offer for Law, surely you looked into the university? 8-)
It's one of the traditional civic universities so is bound to offer a good standard of education across most subjects. However they are almost certainly stronger in some areas than others especially for Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Reply 7
I have 4 friends doing law and they say it's really good, but very hard and they expect you to do loads of work for seminars etc but that's to be expected from a law degree anyway.

In general the uni is really good :smile:
Reply 8
Warrior King
It's one of the traditional civic universities so is bound to offer a good standard of education across most subjects. However they are almost certainly stronger in some areas than others especially for Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy.

Planning and journalism's where it's at man (after all, there are no "poor" medicine and denistry schools) :yep:

For law it's more than reasonable. Not up there with the elite but solid, traditional, respected and good teaching.
its an old traditional uni
amazing city
some very well respected departments
its quite a nice size university apparantly
River85
Planning and journalism's where it's at man (after all, there are no "poor" medicine and denistry schools) :yep:

For law it's more than reasonable. Not up there with the elite but solid, traditional, respected and good teaching.

Yeah but being a medic I'm totally biased and have to "big-up" my subject. :cool:
Reply 11
It beats Cambridge in league tables for Architecture!
I have an offer for city and regional planning there, and it is considered the best in many rankings.
It's also a beautiful uni, right in the city centre, with one of the biggest student unions in the country and good facilities both in the uni and in the city.
Caerdyddddd! Yess - It's the best uni in Wales anyway.
Reply 13
awww mann i hope i get into cardiff !
i think i'll break down if i don't get an offer, been on about studying there for years ! + it helps that my boyfriends studying there too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending