nail varnish

Rep:
    whats the point?
    its messy, difficult to remove, takes time to apply properly, is expensive if worn all the time!
    people say that you can match your nails with your clothes but that would be impossibe unless:
    A) you wear the same clothes every day!!
    or
    B) you have time to remove and apply a new shade of nail varnish every day!!!

explain - thanks!

Rep:
    Could say the same about Make-up, it is all cosmetic.

[/thread]

Rep:
    Hmmmm....because it's fun to be colourful?

(And somebody gave me nail polish that glows in the dark for Christmas, so everywhere I go I keep trying to turn the lights off so I can show everyone my glowing finger nails!!)

Rep:
    (Original post by Kizz91)
    And somebody gave me nail polish that glows in the dark for Christmas, so everywhere I go I keep trying to turn the lights off so I can show everyone my glowing finger nails!!
    That is seriously cool

:eek:

Rep:
    omg! such troubles. on a must need know about nail varnish...

well cos it's FUN! you sound like a boy as well. I normally put nail varnish on when i'm going somewhere fancy, therefore i will co-ordinate with what i'm wearing. and i always where nail varnish on my toes. cos i hate feet, and they need to look at least a little pretty.

Rep:
    (Original post by Butterfly Icing)
    whats the point?
    its messy, difficult to remove, takes time to apply properly, is expensive if worn all the time!
    people say that you can match your nails with your clothes but that would be impossibe unless:
    A) you wear the same clothes every day!!
    or
    B) you have time to remove and apply a new shade of nail varnish every day!!!

explain - thanks!
    a) It's not difficult to remove, really, is it? You just use nail varnish remover. Takes about 1 minute.
    b) Once you're used to applying it, it doesn't take much time to apply, and if you do it while watching something, or typing, then it doesn't matter.
    c) Expensive? Really? I wear nail polish all the time and, er, it's hardly something I have to consider in my budget.

I tend to change every couple of days, which as demonstrated, is hardly a big deal, and then, say I'm wearing green, make sure I have something complementing that for the 2 days. It's not hard, but I really enjoy having really colourful nails, so I get personal satisfaction out of that.

Rep:
    It's not hard to remove. And i dont make a mess at all when applying it. I do it all the time - not to match my outfits or anything (unless maybe it's a special event etc).

Some like it some don't, just depends what you're into. But i wouldn't say it was impractial.

Rep:
    I don't even have to explain myself, nail varnishing is an easy process

Barry M woooo

Rep:
    (Original post by It's A Well Known Fact...)
    That is seriously cool

:eek:

I have the pink

Rep:
    Agree, don't see the point in using it no one notices nails anyway, except on hallowwen.

Rep:
    It looks pretty.

No one really wears them to match clothes, sometimes people wear dark brown or something even if they're not wearing anything dark brown.

Rep:
    (Original post by mistyfire)
    Agree, don't see the point in using it no one notices nails anyway, except on hallowwen.
    I get complimented on my nail colour every time I'm out shopping. It's the small things that people tend to notice.

Rep:
    I French manicure my nails. It goes with everything so that's not a problem. I put it on and it'll last about a week as long as I use good nail varnish and allow time to dry
    It makes my nails break less and I think it makes my hands look a bit prettier if they're painted nicely.

Rep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    Could say the same about Make-up, it is all cosmetic.

[/thread]
    ^ this

some women spend hours doing make up, and buy expensive make up. why?

and then at the end of the day they have to spend ages removing it all. a waste surely?

nails take like 10 mins to do, 10 mins to remove, aren't that expensive. . .

what is the point to any of it?

Rep:
    Nail-varnish is far easier to deal with than make-up, fake-tan, shaving/waxing and your skin.

Rep:
    I love nail varnish, and make-up too, it can be a sort of self-expression, a way to have your own style and look different from everyone else. Also I think it really finishes an outfit off.

About it not matching with your clothes - I wear black nail varnish everyday and it goes with absolutely everything. I've never had to swap nail colour because of it not going with my outfit.

Rep:
    I love nail varnish...my nails are very very very rarely unpainted. I usually do them once a week. I don't think it's expensive and I just think it makes my nails look better but that's just my personal opinion!

Rep:
    I rarely/hardly ever use nail varnish but that's just cause my school's harsh about it so there's no point.

But anyway, it doesn't take long to apply it/take it off so I don't see the big deal about it? And you can wear shades that'll go with quite a few colours of your clothing, so that solves that problem :p: If you don't like it, don't wear it.

Rep:
    I love nail polish. It isn't that hard to remove if you use a good remover and it looks so pretty. I absolutely can't stand seeing unpainted toes. I don't wear it that often on my fingernails because it chips terribly when I'm working and I hate showing chipped nails, but my fingernails are always buffed to a shine and shaped.
    You can be really creative with colours of nail polish too. I don't really suit bright makeup, but with nail polish I can wear red, pink, purple, bright blue, silver...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

: January 11, 2009

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.