The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
W.A.S Hewins
I'm afraid this conversation is on the wrong track: LSE currently offers some £4million per annum in various types of financial assistance to students...check it out on the School website....

Do you know if any of them are not financially based?

The Dangoor scholarship states that:

"You must be expecting your fees to be paid by your LEA (for which you, or more usually, your parental income must be less than £21,475)"

I quadruple the parental income quota. :eek:

Infact, i don't know any of my mates who would be expecting to have there fees paid by LEA.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
saddsad
Reply 22
confused?
i heard that you have to write a 500 word personal statement saying why you deserve the scholarship. Is this true??

Yes. Check out the financial support page. Download the application form. Deadline is May 6th 2005. Unfortunately you cannot express a preference for which schlarship you wish to receive. So it is important that you emphasise on the personal statement which one you would like to be considered for. You also need to provide an academic reference (from your tutor).
Reply 23
i cant be bothered with all that again. What do i write? i think i will just change a few sentences in my first personal statement.
Reply 24
No, don't do that. I think you'll find you need to write a new one, the application form does state certain things you need to mention.

PS: Are you actually going to the LSE? You say in your sig that you're not sure.
Reply 25
Xanthe
No, don't do that. I think you'll find you need to write a new one, the application form does state certain things you need to mention.

PS: Are you actually going to the LSE? You say in your sig that you're not sure.

yeh, im picking lse as firm.

thanx
Reply 26
Last year, one of my friend received the letter from LSE giving him about 6000, and asked him to choose LSE as firm choice, then they offered 12000 instead of 6000 if he got AAAB(or AAAC i don't remember). As he said you must write another statement rather than PS you wrote in UCAS to explain why you need this scholarship with some evidence about your family's finance. Now he's studying at LSE with scholarship of 12000. Ah, he's international student, I'm don't know about scholarship for English students.
Reply 27
I guess you're after the Stelios Schlarship? It is a generous £5,000 per annum.
Correction to my earlier post: last year the School gave £4.7million in financial assistance to students.
Reply 29
W.A.S Hewins
Correction to my earlier post: last year the School gave £4.7million in financial assistance to students.

Lol, do you know any scholarships which aren't financially based?
Reply 30
Yeh Rhodes Scholarship.. i believe Clinton had one btw

Mr. Rhodes’ Will contains four criteria by which prospective Rhodes Scholars are to be selected:

1.literary and scholastic attainments;

2.energy to use one’s talents to the full, as exemplified by fondness for and success in sports;

3.truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship;

4.moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
Reply 31
This might be a really stupid question but, does having a scholarship effect your student loan in anyway?
Reply 32
no it doesnt.
Reply 33
BCHL85
Last year, one of my friend received the letter from LSE giving him about 6000, and asked him to choose LSE as firm choice, then they offered 12000 instead of 6000 if he got AAAB(or AAAC i don't remember). As he said you must write another statement rather than PS you wrote in UCAS to explain why you need this scholarship with some evidence about your family's finance. Now he's studying at LSE with scholarship of 12000. Ah, he's international student, I'm don't know about scholarship for English students.

Which scholarship scheme was it?
Reply 34
I want to go for the BIG eco only one *mwuahahaha*
yeah arent economists special.

Latest

Trending

Trending