Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is this a student forum...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If no-one can see the benefit of university? People ON HERE are like, oh university's a huge unjustifiable debt, people who don't go to university will graduate and probably be happier and earn more than you without the debt, blah blah blah. If that's the case, why are you marying around on the 'Student' room and why aren't you all doing your apprenticeships in plumbing or whatever? It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chattykatty88)
    If no-one can see the benefit of university? People ON HERE are like, oh university's a huge unjustifiable debt, people who don't go to university will graduate and probably be happier and earn more than you without the debt, blah blah blah. If that's the case, why are you marying around on the 'Student' room and why aren't you all doing your apprenticeships in plumbing or whatever? It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.
    True but it's an escape from the crappy world of work for 3 years :p:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're not all like that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    Ok.
    OK what?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol...

i don't care, not everybody is logical.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because most of us ARE students...But if it doesn't work out, well...then it's not the end of the world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And most people said what they said about uni because of your snobby thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK what?
    It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.
    Ok.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive always wondered why is this a student forum when almost half of the people here are complete idiots. i mean have you seen some of the threads on here?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are you on about? The majority of the people on here are either currently applying to university or are already at university.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    What the hell are you on about? The majority of the people on here are either currently applying to university or are already at university.
    Learn to read and go over my post again darling.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    exactly. and if you're refering to that stupid thread you made earlier, it's because we haven't all got out heads stuck up our arses and realise that uni isn't for everyone.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Read his post again, most of those people of whom you are talking about will not be applying to universities or be at one already.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Wow that bunch of text is so insightful :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just because people can see why not going to university could be a positive step for someone doesn't mean they aren't "real" students who shouldn't be using a forum called "the student room".

Again, you show a lack of critical thinking which has probably been hampered by your snobish world view
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So, to summarise, you lack critical thinking, are a snob, and your vocabulary is rather restricted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by she)
    So, to summarise, you lack critical thinking, are a snob, and your vocabulary is rather restricted.
    What is it with you and bloody critical thinking? Is it the only AS you passed or something?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think University is a huge waste of time from a financial point of veiw, both my uncles recently went to uni and their quality of life is a lot worse off for it.

By the way, I'm not an Idiot- I've got offers from Warwick and Edinbourgh (2nd year entry) to do maths, The only reason I'm going is because I love maths with a passion and could not bare the thought of not continuing my education, even if I end up with no money I'll still have my knowledge, and as everyone knows; knowledge is much better than money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonano)
    I think University is a huge waste of time from a financial point of veiw, both my uncles recently went to uni and their quality of life is a lot worse off for it.

By the way, I'm not an Idiot- I've got offers from Warwick and Edinbourgh (2nd year entry) to do maths, The only reason I'm going is because I love maths with a passion and could not bare the thought of not continuing my education, even if I end up with no money I'll still have my knowledge, and as everyone knows; knowledge is much better than money.
    Exactly; bravo. The only person with a brain (apart from me) on this entire bloody forum.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 15, 2009
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.