The Student Room Group

what does smart casual ACTUALLY mean!!!???

???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No white trainers, relaxed look so no tie, denium Ok if clean and tailored.
Reply 2
means you have to be very clever
its code for ultra formal
it has lots of meanings,

i take it to mean
no ripped/dirty jeans
t-shirts are ok, but shouldnt really have massive pictures and slogans across them
no obvious trainers

my work however observes a casual dress code... we can wear what we like (within reason, pretty sure they wouldnt allow people to turn up in bikinis and the like)
socks and top-hat
Reply 6
Typically, a shirt (no requirement for a tie), a pair of decent trousers and proper shoes.

Oh, you're a woman... **** only knows then. I don't think anyone will care so long as you don't turn up in a T-shirt.
Reply 7
Collared shirt and nice jeans/tailored trousers for guys.
Reply 8
smart casul basically mean dat yo casually smart
Reply 9
Means no jeans or t-shirts.
Reply 10
DalekLover
Means no jeans or t-shirts.

I dunno.. If they were a nice enough pair of jeans, you could get away with it. Definitely no t-shirts though.
Reply 11
smart jeans, collared shirt and jumper, smart shoes.
Reply 12
Jaziek
I dunno.. If they were a nice enough pair of jeans, you could get away with it. Definitely no t-shirts though.

I was just going by a get together my old secondary school held, where the letter said :' ...smart casual (no jeans or t-shirts).', but yeah, in other situations provided the jeans weren't torn or anything like that they would be okay.
in between wearing trackies and wearing a suit lol
Reply 14
C-h-a-r_7
???

is means you have dress casually smart :wink:
Reply 15
Show off your breasts and you'll be fine.
Reply 16
Speaking as someone who has organised some of these events, it means that the organiser feels obliged to make people be smart, but can't be bothered with the hassle of going "formal". Or, is just too lazy to make a proper dress code. I've done both.
Reply 17
EDIT: I just checked her profile and she's from Essex. Of course she'll show off her breats. You'll be fine, love.
Reply 18
This seems pretty casual.

Reply 19
I think its pretty funny how about 75% of the people in this thread have just bypassed the fact that the OP is female... or assumed she's a rather butch lesbian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending