The Student Room Group
LOL i took it today it was a bit weird but not hard as i would say. There were several questions involving graphs which took a long time to read and in the end you just ran out of time.. :hmmm:
Reply 2
no.

due to the fact that no gcse's are hard.
Reply 3
GCSEs weren't hard anyhow imo.

But i guess they'd be a whole lot harder if loads of things you hadn't been taught came up!
Reply 4
Na, easy tbh, I was poorly for quarter of the lessons and poorly for every mock, never revised because I just didnt care back then and still managed to get a BB higher double science- biology and chemistry.
But I guess its not the same for everyone, some people find things easier than others.
My little brother took it today and said there were a lot of things he didn't understand - he's been getting A's and B's in mocks ..

Is it the OCR 21st Century Sci one you're on about?
yh gd point. I do AQA
crying? bloody hell.
gcse's aren't hard.
Reply 8
I don't remember it being that difficult but my younger brother took it today - said it was ok, but they hadn't covered some of the stuff...luck of the draw really.
some people in my year were retaking AQA core biology if that's what you're talking about, as they cocked it up last year, and they seemed to reckon it was harder than June's. although then again, I found June's tremendously easy, so that's not saying much
Reply 10
I thought today's Biology exam was too easy, (you know when you get paranoid you've missed the point of the question!) But then again, I'm with OCR Gateway B.
Reply 11
I've done the AQA biology today, and honestly the time that I used to revise for that unit is pointless, bcoz most of the stuff were not convered and not in the book. Like diffusions, osmosis, mitosis, meiosis, plant cells etc.... were not came up...
Yet i got A* for the mock paper, becuase it was very easy compare to this one, and i think i might need to retake this unit .but hope the grade boundary would be lower
Lauren__x
Na, easy tbh, I was poorly for quarter of the lessons and poorly for every mock, never revised because I just didnt care back then and still managed to get a BB higher double science- biology and chemistry.
But I guess its not the same for everyone, some people find things easier than others.

Sorry to bump - but really?

Imo, BB is amazing considering you didn't go to mocks and didn't revise! :eek:
Reply 13
im so academic
Sorry to bump - but really?

Imo, BB is amazing considering you didn't go to mocks and didn't revise! :eek:

Lol yeah, thanksss. I had glandula fever so I couldnt sit the mocks or revise, I couldnt really do anything but some how I still managed to get BB lol.
Lauren__x
Lol yeah, thanksss. I had glandula fever so I couldnt sit the mocks or revise, I couldnt really do anything but some how I still managed to get BB lol.

I'm impressed. :p:

Would that mean one would have every chance possible of getting an A* if you revise and do past papers? :h:
Original post by bey4evr
GCSE pupils at my school where crying especially the ones who toke higher the said that some of the topics that came in the paper where not taught,that's the excuse everyone gives when the paper is hard,they were crying like crazy gcse pupils annoy me but this time i really felt sorry for them.

all those who toke GCSE biology was it hard ?.

i just took a b1 past paper and got an A* with no revision (and i'm targeted a b+) so i don't think so but it may just be b1
Thread closed (if you want to discuss this exam, please find an existing thread not so old or make a new one).

Latest

Trending

Trending