The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dreama
Well I was looking for ensuite flat style accom, with net access and close proximity to lectures - ie - Stamford St. But in the KCL thread people are telling me the halls, although not very nice, are much more sociable...

You?

Most definitely the halls. Much more sociable / wider mix of people, and you don't have to cook yourself :smile: Will have to put up with the grottyness I suppose.

Not sure about going intercollegiate though, I definitely will if I get LSE (because LSE has such a narrow range of students), but I am unsure if I go to KCL.

But I have a strange feeling that if I go to a Kings hall I will view "outsiders" with suspicion :p:
Reply 21
Surely there's just a general deadline for accommodation? I didn't get my UCL offer until late March and there were no probs. Accommodation problems in London are seriously overrated, it shouldn't worry you. What should is that you'll be at Strand Poly when there's the fab LSE and UCL just round the corner! lol
UCL_Law
Surely there's just a general deadline for accommodation? I didn't get my UCL offer until late March and there were no probs. Accommodation problems in London are seriously overrated, it shouldn't worry you. What should is that you'll be at Strand Poly when there's the fab LSE and UCL just round the corner! lol

Seems like you take any chance for a unsubtle jibe to get at Kings! :wink: :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 23
Oi!!!

*Hugs KCL*
Dreama
I know! Someone call KingsLaw he'll have a field day!

There's a Brissy open day on the 6th. But I'm scared I'll miss godd accom at KCL if I go :frown:

When did you get your info?

I'm desperately waiting for mine :frown:

I've changed my mind Dreama.... I think you should go for King's. It has rapidly became obvious that this is where you belong!
Reply 25
Lottelo
Seems like you take any chance for a unsubtle jibe to get at Kings! :wink: :biggrin: :wink:

It's mainly because a good friend of mine studies law there, as did an uncle! Competition is always good! :biggrin:
UCL_Law
It's mainly because a good friend of mine studies law there, as did an uncle! Competition is always good! :biggrin:

Fair enough then! :smile:

But its a pity LSE aren't really in the London rivalry! :frown:
I voted for KCL, unsurprisingly.
Reply 28
There's still a lot of "oohing" when you meet someone at the LSE!
UCL_Law

Lol! :smile: Really?
Reply 30
Oh yeah. I was at an Open Day the other week and got chatting to someone who was at the LSE. Once we realised which Uni's we were at we started looking at each other v differently! :smile:
Reply 31
Go to Bristol. Its way better.

PSYCHE!!
Reply 32
UCL_Law

I don't really ooh at any international students who go there. You're never quite sure if they're there on merit or financilal ability :wink:
Reply 33
Just seen the poll.

*Eyes glaze over looking at poll in smug knowledge of rightness*
Reply 34
Haha, I think I'd even choose KCL over Bristol tbh. I love Bristol, but since I'm from there anyway, it was probably good I never had such a difficult choice!

Oh but then Bristol is fab, and I do maintain that being at Uni in London is a v different experience. Not that Bristol is v campus based mind.
UCL_Law
Haha, I think I'd even choose KCL over Bristol tbh. I love Bristol, but since I'm from there anyway, it was probably good I never had such a difficult choice!

Oh but then Bristol is fab, and I do maintain that being at Uni in London is a v different experience. Not that Bristol is v campus based mind.

I agree with London you have the pluses of the big smoke!! the excitement of it, but also accommodation problems, expensiveness etc

Bristol seemd a lovely place and campus when i went...Warwick has the shittiest most depressing campus i saw,i would not recommned spending three years of your life there, the campus felt so institutional,like some prison in the middle of nowhere you couldnt escape..its much nicer to be in a nice cty like bristol you can escape into easily
Reply 36
kingslaw
Go to Bristol. Its way better.

LOL!

Aw, think I'm slowly deciding... :smile:

*Hugs everyone*
Reply 37
tomcoolinguk
When did you get your info?

I'm desperately waiting for mine :frown:

I've changed my mind Dreama.... I think you should go for King's. It has rapidly became obvious that this is where you belong!

I got mine Friday I think....

You've changed your mind?! But you were founder of the Warwick bet... :wink:

Where will you go Tom?
Dreama
I got mine Friday I think....

You've changed your mind?! But you were founder of the Warwick bet... :wink:

Where will you go Tom?

I'm really loving Bristol more and more from what I can glean from their web pages, so it will definitely be between UCL and Bristol. I probably won't get a UCL offer so there might not be a decision to make! Otherwise it will be VERRRRY hard to choose between two such excellent unis. [Yet surprisingly easy to reject the others :rolleyes: ]. I think I'd get a lot out of both, but Bristol does seem more inclusive; UCL seems a bit fragmented. Argh! It's so tough.... and don't even get me started on accomodation! Oxbridge people have it so lucky!!!

And is the open day really on April 6th???? :frown: :mad: I don't want to wait that long!!!
Reply 39
I have March 6th. I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending