The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Im so embarassed cause my mum read and was like "OH MY GOD THATS REALLY GOOD" she was nearly in tears she is so proud of me
i was as red as a beetroot
mcd0well
never mind now...
i was cringing when i was writing it in the first place.

Lol, exactly the same as me! (as my other post states).
Reply 62
my PS is ok actually...

although I realise in advance how stupid I was to apply for a respected science degree that isn't medicine at Bristol when the premise of my personal statement was basically not being able to imagine not being a doctor.

*slaps head*

now if I want to cringe, try my BMAT essay. I managed to spell Hippocrates wrong. :frown:
Tech
now if I want to cringe, try my BMAT essay. I managed to spell Hippocrates wrong. :frown:

How did you spell it? I suppose if you spelt it with a K instead of C or something, you're not too culpable as Greek transliteration is more of an art than a science.
Reply 64
I've never re-read mine. :s-smilie:
I'll not read mine again until I have an offer! If I get an offer... :frown:
I wish English was my first language.
Reply 66
I only just read mine today and thought, "Maybe it's time I actually finish this and send it off!" :P
I only shudder because it was for Law for which I was accepted but...I graduated in History. Law urrggggggggh. Apart from that, it was very accomplished and well written.
Considering the amount of international students who attend LSE then clear off to their homelands I would have thought they wouldn't care otherwise they should stop admitting so many international students.
Reply 69
Mine was pretty good, I even followed through with the claim of "my blog I keep regularly updated".
Check it out in my sig. (Maybe not that regularly... but exams and stuff, plus lack of inspiration)

\/
No way I'm well proud of mine! :biggrin:
Who didn't cringe when writing it lol
Reply 72
Mine was awful, and I showed it to my closest friend and she thought it was horribly cheesy as well... but my referee absolutely adored it so I'm not too worried. I was just pleased I stopped procrastinating and actually wrote it in the end. :p:
Not me. My personal statement was 1337.
Reply 74
Lil-Lindz
Im so embarassed cause my mum read and was like "OH MY GOD THATS REALLY GOOD" she was nearly in tears she is so proud of me
i was as red as a beetroot

When my dad first read mine he said I sounded like a cheesy idiot.

:frown:
Elementric
Not me. My personal statement was 1337.

Did you write your whole PS in "1337"?
Reply 76
oldrafiki
When my dad first read mine he said I sounded like a cheesy idiot.

:frown:

Aww dads are like that i think :confused:
Mine PS is so rubbish though, my friends help to proof read it and they told me my first draft was all wrong and to start again, so i cried LOL :p:
Reply 77
I sound such a snotty ****** on mine
I wrote mine over three years ago now (god thats weird) and looking back it was so ****. Haha. I got all six offers though so I guess it can't have been that bad!
Reply 79
jismith1989
How did you spell it? I suppose if you spelt it with a K instead of C or something, you're not too culpable as Greek transliteration is more of an art than a science.

I spelt it with a 'y'! My mind blanked in the exam and, having just done the science section, had 'hypotenuse' on the mind!

I had no excuse, and they mentioned it in my UCL interview but I just told the truth and they told me they'd seen worse :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending