The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

abdelb
There would have been calls for him to quit as PM.

So what will happen to Harry?

Stupid thread is stupid.
He can't quit being in his family.

And stop sensationalising this story, he was having a laugh with his mates, didn't mean any offence by it, get over it.
He wouldn't. He is Gordon Brown, perfect in every sense ... apart from being a PM :wink: .
depends, professional context? racist context? friendly context? to whom about whom and when?

you cant judge a word in isolation....
Reply 5
i would split my sides laffing....lol...i can just picture it :biggrin:
Reply 6
He isn't that stupid.
what if he had tourettes
Reply 8
LiveFastDieYoung
depends, professional context? racist context? friendly context? to whom about whom and when?

you cant judge a word in isolation....

Regardless.... there would have been calls for him to resign.
Reply 9
e-lover
He isn't that stupid.

Hence, I wrote "What if"
Gordon Brown isn't a young, unelected person who is in the army with it's laddish culture.
Reply 11
the horsemen would be riding in any time now..
Reply 12
Gordon Brown would have the intelligence to relaise what he just said and extend it slowly at the end so he ends up saying 'paki....stani' and then he thinks to himself ''that was a close one gordon woki woki woki''.
So what, it's only like saying 'Brit'.
abdelb
There would have been calls for him to quit as PM.

So what will happen to Harry?

But, he wouldn't :confused:
Most people actually like Harry though. Can the same be said for Brown?
Reply 16
abdelb
Regardless.... there would have been calls for him to resign.

What's Harry supposed to do? Resign from being a prince? I.e. his father's son. Besides, Harry isn't in power and this was 3 years ago anyway, used in way not intended to offend or as an insult. Can you imagine Gordon Brown filming himself 'joking with friends'? :P
People dont seem to realise that there is quite a lot of forces humour/banter in this. Do you think it would have been dramatised as much as it is if it was the other way round, as in the pakistani being racist towards Harry? Oh sorry, 'racism' only works one way doesnt it. And i think the fact that the guys father is the one thats outraged and not him, speaks volumes.:rolleyes:
he's never going to get the throne anyway, is he? :P
Reply 19
there would be uproar and quite rightly so, although i am offended by what prince harry said i understand it was in jest and was abit of banter between him and his mates, nevertheless the word is offensive to me and im sure many others

Latest

Trending

Trending