The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

timotiis
I see. Well, that's impossible. When someone is under the legal age, they cannot consent, full-stop.

The reason for age of consent laws is that adults and children do not have equal power dynamics. There is no way a relationship between the two can be based on any sort of equal position, in our society today. They will inherently and inevitably be controlled and driven by the adult for their own ends, and as such are inherently a moral wrong.

again i would draw a distinction, they can "consent" on the surface of it (an eager 13,14,15 year old cannot be said to not know what they are doing, or misundertand the nature or quality of the act), however it is not legally satisfactory consent due to their age, thus rape is too strong, but your commentry on the power within the relationship is on the ball!
timotiis
I see. Well, that's impossible. When someone is under the legal age, they cannot consent, full-stop.
So the law defines your morality? Legally they may not be able to consent, but that doesn't mean they are incapable of coming to a thought out decision on their own.
NIIIIIIIIIIIICEEE!!!

To quote South Park:

We need to track down this kid and give him his "luckiest kid in the world" medal.

Rofl. Where were all these teachers when I was in high school ffs?
Reply 303
enrico palazzo
NIIIIIIIIIIIICEEE!!!

To quote South Park:

We need to track down this kid and give him his "luckiest kid in the world" medal.

Rofl. Where were all these teachers when I was in high school ffs?

I know.

I've had so many fit woman teachers when I was in school, and they all bummed me too :biggrin:

One of them was even married :biggrin:
Dammit me maths teacher had a nice arse.
Reply 305
Pavlik
If the genders were reversed, it would be much worse - that is why. Whatever the law may say, we know that women are a lot more prone to exploitation than men are, at whatever age.

Um, no, it would be exactly as bad. Why in the name of Illuvatar would it be worse if a man did this to a girl?

Pavlik

How do you know she was exploiting him?

Besides, using age and influence to gain apparent consent - of a young male - is clearly far, far less evil than using pure physical force to violate a woman. There's scarcely any comparison to be made.

Because there is no way that relationship had an equal balance of power, and her other actions demonstrate the exploitative nature of it.

Misusing age, influence, and a position of authority, to satisfy one's personal desires, is inherently wrong. So is forcefully violating the bodily integrity of another person. And while it is, on reflection, somewhat less evil, the fact that this was a boy she abused brings it back into the same rough area.

Your erroneous assumption that rape is simply something men do to women is discarded, as is the assumption it requires force. Rape can be committed by a woman to a man, without the use of force.
Reply 306
Heartbroken9
Why on earth are they mentioning her hair colour?!

Indeed. I ******* hate that.

Did the boy consent? I had a hot blonde teacher I wouldn't have minded being statutorily raped by.
Reply 307
matt@internet
So the law defines your morality? Legally they may not be able to consent, but that doesn't mean they are incapable of coming to a thought out decision on their own.

No. Consent is a legal question, not a moral one. I have also explained why I consider it morally wrong, and this would apply whether the age of consent was three, thirteen, or thirty.

LiveFastDieYoung

again i would draw a distinction, they can "consent" on the surface of it (an eager 13,14,15 year old cannot be said to not know what they are doing, or misundertand the nature or quality of the act), however it is not legally satisfactory consent due to their age, thus rape is too strong, but your commentry on the power within the relationship is on the ball!

Thank you.

One slight gripe; while an eager young teenager will know the mechanics of what they are doing, they are not yet mature and developed enough to fully understand the other dynamics at play in a sexual relationship, especially with a partner much more mature and powerful than them.

Note, please, that this does not mean I oppose sexual experimentation between young teenagers, or even sexual relationships. I think, however, that a clear line can be drawn between two 13 year olds fooling around or two 15 year olds sleeping together, and a 29 or 30 year old forming a long term sexual relationship with a 13 year old. The one is a natural and inevitable part of human development, the other is an abuse of power, maturity, and in this case a position of authority.
Anyone remember the Debra Lafave case?

Pretty hot for a paedo, I'd say.

Latest

Trending

Trending